Hi all,

I got Razorback V 255 expl with licensed tremolo and was thinking whether i need to buy original and change it or not. Any ideas? what the difference? Better sound quality? Tremolo quality?
thanks
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
well an original might not fight and the origonal would be beter in its own respect so i doubt it s really worth it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i have a licensed one in mine, it keeps its tune really well, one thing with it is that it seems really stiff, but that may just be the set up that i have.
in the end its up to you
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
i'd put an original floyd in it for sure, I know someone who put one on a cheap Jackson Rhoads and the difference was astounding. Better tuning stability, smoother and it was a joy to use compared to the licenced one. DO IT ! lol
ok, thanks
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
is there any way to make alicenced one not so stiff? I was thinking, it can't be the springs, cos the tensoin of the strings that the springs compensate for will be the same for both the licenced one and the original anyway. but if not this, then what?
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
i have a licensed one in mine, it keeps its tune really well, one thing with it is that it seems really stiff, but that may just be the set up that i have.
in the end its up to you

hey man, i pmed you, check it plz
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
One more question, about licensed tremolo, first of all i have string buzz, so for sure it is not set up properly and also my strings get untuned even with string lockers. What's the problem? Is there anything i can do to fix it?
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
Also, there is a problem with the screw of one of the lockers blocks (no ideas how you call em , a nut probably) the screw a bit loose now, so if i want to tight the block up, sometimes the nutdriver kind of loose too, so i need to find the right spot to tight the nut. is it possible to change the screw/nut screw (dunno the name)
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
This shouldn't happen on such an expensive guitar :s

It IS the springs. You can add or take away some. If it's too stiff I'm guessing there are either 3 or 4 in there. 3 is the standard. I use 5 myself. So take one off and reset your bridge.

As for the issues, here's a basic troubleshoot:
With everything locked, turn the tuners a little. If the strings change tuning, then the locknut is faulty.

If not, it's 99% of chances the knife edges on the Floyd. A tech will resharpen them.

As for the buzz, it's a setup issue. Neck relief, nut height if the buzz happens on open strings or string height.

Yes it's possible. If the locknut is a standard Floyd one or compatible you'll be able to find the pices for a few bucks on ebay, no worries. Most big enough guitar stores will carry locknut screws too. But it's gotta be compatible.
Thanks dude. So, checked the tuners, strings do not change tuning.
Also the guitar is quite new, around a week and a half maybe, can it be cuz of the new strings, not stretched enough or something like that?
And i can buy any springs on ebay or some particular springs? damn, i need to bring the guitar to pro but am worrying cuz i need to leave my gear for like a day or two and they might damage/scratch the guitar
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
It could be the new strings yeah. I'd change the set, stretch them well (I do pullups with the Floyd)
If you worry about damaging/scratching such a guitar it'll be hell on you later. It's quite a low end guitar and it WILL get damaged. Furthermore a good tech is less likely to damage it than you. Do your research about local techs and see if you're willing to trust them
why low end guitar? around 1.5$ (1Keuros) i think it's good guitar, of cuz not for 3-5K, but also not for 300 quid
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
It's probably new strings they need to be stretched for awhile. then put in tune. use your fine tuners also. and like the ppl above if your floyd is too stiff take out some springs and just ajust the screws holding the ground plate to comensate. you can usually buy parts for your floyd on ebay and some other online stores
Quote by WishIHadAGibson
You know youre a guitar player when you try to match the pitch of your guitar with a vacuum cleaner...

...mine's a Bb by the way...

OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #1