I'm interested in getting a guitar with EMGs but I can't be bothered with all the batteries and stuff.. So what would be the best pickup to get that level of output but keeping it passive?
Bare Knuckle Nail bombs are godly, really loud. In fact, check out BKP's in general, the humbuckers are awesome.
dizmario evoloution
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by minibrowny
Bare Knuckle Nail bombs are godly, really loud. In fact, check out BKP's in general, the humbuckers are awesome.

True, but they are also hella expensive as far as pickups go.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
True, but they are also hella expensive as far as pickups go.

Yeah, I didnt mention, a set of bare knucles will set you back about £250 ($500) and thats just exchange rates, I hear they're much more expensive in america, actually, I don't even know if they do ship them, but I assume they do...
Quote by rancidryan
dizmario evoloution

dizmario
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
on topic: i heard gibson dirtyfingers have the highest output on the market? not sure how true that is though. or if they even sound any good...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Quote by backtothe70s
I dont know if they are still produced or can be found but Seymour Duncan "LimeWire" or LineWire, something like that ^^

Live Wire
Quote by FlamingYouth
Live Wire

I just searched... they are active
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by FlamingYouth
dizmario

dude dizmario evoloutions are one of the best sounding pickups out there end of story
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I have a set of bareknuckle nailbombs and a set of EMG's in 2 seperate guitars and after playing the BK's I haven't touched the other guitar!

I can strongly reccomend them, the company's great to deal with too
DiMarzio Evolutions or D-Activators. The D-Activators were specifically designed to mimic the output levels of actives (hence the "deactivator" name, hinting that it doesn't have to run off batteries).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Lcollins1
I have a set of bareknuckle nailbombs and a set of EMG's in 2 seperate guitars and after playing the BK's I haven't touched the other guitar!

I can strongly reccomend them, the company's great to deal with too

Nice... But man THATS EXPENSIVE!
Quote by rancidryan
dude dizmario evoloutions are one of the best sounding pickups out there end of story

Sure, he joked about the wrong spelling. Sounding something like Dizz Mario instead of DiMarzio

And yeah, DiMarzio Evo's are GREAT pickups.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by rancidryan

bother to spell dimarzio right much?? even when it's pointed out you dont get it .

@TS how you mean cant be bothered with batterys? its only a small price to pay for a godlike sound
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by rancidryan

chill man. i'm sure they're great. even better when you spell them right, jaja.
Isn't the battery life on EMGs something like 3000 hours? It isn't exactly a huge bother, assuming it works like active pick-ups on a bass, all you have to do is remember to unplug the cable from the jack after you are done, and since you really shouldn't usually leave the guitar plugged in when you aren't playing anyways, that isn't a big thing.
Quote by Matheau
Isn't the battery life on EMGs something like 3000 hours? It isn't exactly a huge bother, assuming it works like active pick-ups on a bass, all you have to do is remember to unplug the cable from the jack after you are done, and since you really shouldn't usually leave the guitar plugged in when you aren't playing anyways, that isn't a big thing.

True, but his guitar might need to be routed and he might not want to deal with that.
Bare Knuckle Warpigs are much higher output than Nailbombs, just so you know.

The going rate for a set of Nailbombs in the US is generally just a touch under $400.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
No one mentioned Seymour Duncan Invaders??? wtf????
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.