I'm trying to learn the solo (the fast one :P) of ''One'' by Metallica at the moment, technically I have it down, but when I try play it, especially fast, I hardly get any volume out of it when I tap. I have plenty of volume when playing ''normally'', I just guess I'm doing something wrong with the pick when I use it to tap as I'm getting very little volume. Any ideas?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
tap on the string harder, and pull of harder, might also want some more gain?
I have an insane amount of gain! But thanks I'll take your advice on attacking it harder
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
instead of going "fast'' or ''normal'' speed, work your way up from normal to the speed of the song. that way you're speeding up a good technique. not just playing fast.
Hey, I can play it too...same problem...just go a slow, get it technically right, and then speed up.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Thanks I'll try when I get home!
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
Wait, you're using your pick to do the tapping? Try using your middle finger instead. You can keep your pick between your thumb and index finger, so you can switch back to picking. You should get more volume, and better feel, if you use your finger to tap.
1996 Strat Plus (modded)
Peavey Classic 50
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Vox Clyde McCoy wah
Maxon AD-999 delay
yeah part of the technique is getting the sound out loud enough, it can hurt too at first but you will get it with practice : ]
Yeh don't use your pic, use your finger. I'm more comfortable using my index finger and pulling it upwards but that's just me, I think most people use their middle and strike downwards.