I'm kind of torn between the Roland cube 20x and the Roland micro cube.

Is the extra money worth it for the 20x? I know the volume is a difference but I'm not gigging so it doesn't matter to me.

Thanks
its notbattery powerd
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Microcube is definiently better than 20x, since microcube has amp modelling, 20x doesn't.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Btw, I know all the obvious stuff such as Sound, batteries, power squeezer. I like a real heavy crunchy sound, would they both give me that?
the 20x doesn't have as much modelling as the microcube, as far as I'm aware. go with the microcube, or else the 30x.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cube, like others said, the modelling is a big thing, but the cube is just so damn portable and convientent. It runs on batterys.. want to play in the sun... no prob. Take it to the lake, I go outside and sit on the porch and drink beer and play.

SOunds great and is pretty loud for how small it is too
Hm, will the R-FIER setting be heavy enough for stuff like lamb of god?
Quote by Ze_Metal

On my 30x I find the dyna amp setting to sound better than the Metal and rectifier settings.

Good choice btw, you'll love the Roland.. Great amp.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Thanks, but the microcube doesn't have the dyna amp setting sadly =[
Quote by Ze_Metal

it would be for me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't think there is much point to getting a modeller bigger than a microcube. It gets loud enough for solo practice. If you want to keep up with drums, most SS modellers don't do well at those volumes, anyway.

You may as well get a Microcube, and then save for a larger tube amp for playing at higher volumes.
Alrite, I just crave a heavy and crunchy sound at the moment =]. I don't care about volume since I don't gig or anything.
problem is, high volume is one of the ways you get that heavy, crunchy tone.

i'd go with the microcube, maybe cube 30x, but bear in mind that neither's r-fier model will hold a candle to a real recto, or other high gain tube amp at volume. but at extremely low volumes, it should be ok- very few of those high gain tube amps sound amazing at whisper volumes either.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah to be honest I would recommend you get a 30x if you want a heavy, punchy tone. The Microcube isn't going to sound heavy at all because of how small the speaker is..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Eh I dont play metal, I just like to play around and try and get some outragous sounds.

I guess I will play Pantera for about the heaviest, but I dont ever have the gain turned up past noon. It gets pretty heavy.

I guess I am kinda weird in the settings department, I wont ever have the same setting twice I am sure. I never memorize a setting, (with any of my amps) I just fiddle for a minute or so until I get a sound that I like for the moment and play that. I could play the same song for 3 days straight and have the setting different every time. Depending on my mood I guess.

Also I have never tried to "copy" someone else sound. IF it sounds good to me, good enough even though it may sound NOTHING liek the artist I am playing...
Haha thats kinda like me.. except I choose the EQ and wont change it for a month but then I get bored and change the tone.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I copy... ^^

Only when I'm doing covers though, sometimes I'll take some setting from some bands and modify them a little because I like their sound.
Thanks, I guess I'll head down to GC tomorrow and pick one up.
Quote by Vanquish
Yeah to be honest I would recommend you get a 30x if you want a heavy, punchy tone. The Microcube isn't going to sound heavy at all because of how small the speaker is..

yeah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a microcube and couldn't be any happier with it. It gives me the metal tone that i like at low volumes. Just keep the tone knob around half when on the rect. THe recording of november rain on my profile was done with it.
Last edited by sledhead3434 at Mar 5, 2008,
I tried it, what you said was an understatement. I made it real heavy, sounds great and I bought it =D

Thanks guys
yeah, it does have a metric ton of gain, lol. i got modern metal out of one with a blade telecaster, haha.

glad you like it!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?