15 29%
Mark IV
22 43%
Peavey JSX
6 12%
Peavey 6505 +
8 16%
Voters: 51.
Metallica black album tone, just a bit more low end. I was using a Triple Recto, just WAY too loose for my sound. Thoughts...
i tryed an ENGL in a shop once, i nearly came
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
eh, metallica used dual recto's on the black album. triple recto is gonna be closer than any of the others. 5150 would be the next closest. mark IV would be right there too.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Metallica used Mark IIC+'s in mostly all of their studio albums man! But for aaaages i've been trying to get the tone I want on my amp, and I have no idea why I didn't do this, but I just used channel 2 on Modern, sorted out ALL my problems. Now sounds sooooo nice, well something better to work with now atleast! Really stoked
ENGLs are really great but I dont think theyre going to be what youre looking for if you want that tone. Spend less money and get a used Mesa Mark series.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Mark IV for metallica.

I was a huge metallica fan for a loooooong time. The Mark IV does a great job at mimicing theirs.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by gpderek09
eh, metallica used dual recto's on the black album. triple recto is gonna be closer than any of the others. 5150 would be the next closest. mark IV would be right there too.

No way they used dual recs on that album. Mark IV
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by joining_heads
No way they used dual recs on that album. Mark IV

+1

Dual rectos came out in 92. The black album was recorded 90/91
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Teh Forest King
ENGLs are really great but I dont think theyre going to be what youre looking for if you want that tone. Spend less money and get a used Mesa Mark series.

yeah, that's what i'd think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my mark III can nail that sound
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10