Page 1 of 3
Ok, All of those who need to vent or talk about how much you hate/like Spider III's post here. There have been alot of threads about them, so i figured...why not make one big one This is also an attempt to prove to my friend that he should not go buy one, because he will be dissapointed.
Hello
buy one there awesome
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I say don't buy a Spider 3. Try out a bunch of tube amps, even the small ones have a better clean channel than Spiders. Or, get a Boss ME unit, sice they dont have a preamp, just a bunch of FX, so you dont wipe out your amp tone.
Quote by rancidryan
buy one there awesome

o_O ??
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I like my Spider III.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by qotsa1998
I say don't buy a Spider 3. Try out a bunch of tube amps, even the small ones have a better clean channel than Spiders. Or, get a Boss ME unit, sice they dont have a preamp, just a bunch of FX, so you dont wipe out your amp tone.

Thats what i keep telling him, but he just wont listen
Hello
they are good for bedside practicing, they pretty versitile, i wouldnt recommend giging with this amp.

p.s. ive owned one
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
there good for us people that just want to jam with some mates and dont want massive rigs of doom.
Usually the people that say there rubbish are people that can afford rectos and engls.
there not to bad considering there about £700 cheaper than some heads that are classed as the holy grail among the metal community.
anyway thats just my opiniopn.
ibanez rg 270

spider III 210
Quote by powerpiker
i wouldnt recommend giging with this amp.

My friend gigs with a 150W one, and to be honest I thought it sounded pretty good. It seemed better than most of the larger Laney & Marshall amps people were using.
Quote by dayz\m/
there good for us people that just want to jam with some mates and dont want massive rigs of doom.
Usually the people that say there rubbish are people that can afford rectos and engls.
there not to bad considering there about £700 cheaper than some heads that are classed as the holy grail among the metal community.

you sir are good with words +939040968503984
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Dude Their Awesome Amps.. If You Dont Get A Good Clean Sound Then You Probabley Have A ****ty Guitar.. Plus In The Long Run Tube Amps Are Gonna Cost You More. A Spider ||| Stack Is Perrrrfect For Gigs If You Dont Like Em Youve Got Probleeeems
Quote by 666hamish666
your mothers awesome

on topic:

yeah they phail

piss off you fag
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
you sir are good with words +939040968503984

cheers man
ibanez rg 270

spider III 210
Quote by G0T
Dude Their Awesome Amps.. If You Dont Get A Good Clean Sound Then You Probabley Have A ****ty Guitar.. Plus In The Long Run Tube Amps Are Gonna Cost You More. A Spider ||| Stack Is Perrrrfect For Gigs If You Dont Like Em Youve Got Probleeeems

you've got problems

the effects sound waaaaaaaaaaaaay to digital for my liking, like where someone said earlier "almost like a toy amp" and a tube amp will cost more but they are usually about 10000000x better.
people keep saying they can't get a good tone out of them which is odd cos i managed it within half an hour of buying mine. admittedly, i wouldnt use it in a gig, but i cant see the problem with it personally.
Quote by Seth Shadows
dum, da num, dun dahnahanhanhanahnahhhhh *E5 / D#5* dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn chuggg chuggggg DUN, DAH NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Quote by nine01n
why did the woman cross the road?
who cares, why the hell is she out of the kitchen?
there not that bad, ive gotten decent tone out of it. But for gigging i agree.....

Yeh I kinda gigged with mine...3 times.......I fail..... i now know my mistake...
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I have no problems with Spiders if you can a small one, for cheap, for use as a small practice amp. Above 30w is just not cool, overpriced and horrid
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by rancidryan
buy one there awesome

+1 I tried one yesterday, it's better than a Mesa.

[/****tardedness]
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by rancidryan

yet he plays tubes onstage when it counts....your point=fail
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by rancidryan

They're using them for practice amps. Which, contrary to popular belief, they are good for. They're just crap above 30w. Worthless pieces of junk.

By the way, he uses Hi-gain Tube amps onstage, not spiders.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 5, 2008,
I bought a spider III for lots of moneyz and it sounds better than my uncles best mates dads boyfriends mesa boogie triple rectifier!!11
^ I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic.
I feel stupid now... that is obvious sarcasm.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
They're using them for practice amps. Which, contrary to popular belief, they are good for. They're just crap above 30w. Worthless pieces of junk. Hell, Even MG's are better sounding...

By the way, he uses Hi-gain Tube amps onstage, not spiders.

i kniow but what are most people on ug gonna use spiders for practise amps so there fore my point is proven
Quote by Deliriumbassist
This would be a great time for using a certain fruit...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
an apple?
no orange?
no
pear!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Damn, way to spark arguments that are beaten to death already..... Spiders are not bad amps for playing around with... They don't sound like complete crap and are not worthless.. Anything that a particular person likes to play through is worth some value... Sure, there are a TON of amps that I personally prefer, but I'm not going bash on spiders just because everyone else does...

Most of the people that pop in an say "Spiders are crap" and things like "Spider=fail" are probably freakin idiots that only say it because theyve heard it from someone else and never give anything a chance based on individual curiosity or exploration....

That, and have no regard for open minded discussion and what others may like or dislike..

For playing at home and having some fun while playing, spiders are fine...

This "Elite" attitude with regards to gear is idiocy....

I've owned a ton of different amps over the last decade, and one was a Spider just for home jammin, and it was alright...

Hell, if there was such a thing as an amp model called "No Tone" manufactured by a company called "Pure Crap", I may still give it a try at least, and if I liked it, it sure as hell wouldn't bother me that guys on here were like "OMG Those "No Tones"=Fail"!!

P.S. This "Fail"/"Win" crap is F*ckin stupid man...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Mar 4, 2008,
Here i thought that i would be getting billions of posts saying that they sucked? Maybe i should have titled the thread "Official Spider III's suck thread"
Hello
Quote by dayz\m/

+1,000,000

They aren't bad, the only people who I hear say they suck are the ones who have giant tube amp rigs, but they are good for a louder budget amp. I don't want a 5 watt amp just for the sake of having a tube amp.

Of course if I could afford it, I would buy a nice tube amp.
it kind off sucks alone
but i´m lucky that when i bought i already had my rp350, so it didn´t have a ****ty tone.
the RP makes it sound sweet
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by rancidryan
i kniow but what are most people on ug gonna use spiders for practise amps so there fore my point is proven

You do realize, Line6 would've spent a lot of money for that amp to be placed in that picture?
Line6 amps are well marketed, that's the only reason a lot of you have ended up buying one.
One day you'll look back at it after your tone deaf era, and ponder about why you never saved for a tube amp earlier.
Sure, 'good for practice amps' But why not get a tube combo which can be used as a practice amp and a gigging amp, hm?
well, i personally own a spider 3, as my friend recommended it to me when i was starting out as it is pretty versatile. at this time, obviously, i didn't know precisely what i wanted out of tone, so versatility was king.

now that i have some experience with it and tried some other amps tho, i'd say that they are really good quality practice amps. however, if i personally was to be in a band in a few years i would definitely get something better. imo, the effects on the spider are not that great but i did manage to get pretty decent tones out of the various channels (albeit not "omg *drool*" tones). this is totally fine though for practicing at home or just playing around with my buds (1 of which also owns a spider 2)
Quote by G0T

I'm sorry, but to be perfectly honest with you, your assumption of the guitar being trash is completely asinine... line6 amps are good for practice but I would NEVER dream of using one in a gigging situation.
Regarding tube amps, they're worth the upkeep, and so is the sound quality...
I have a Spider III. I think it's a pretty well rounded amp with several effects. It may not be the best, but it's pretty good for beginners.
Quote by jxljxl
I have no problems with Spiders if you can a small one, for cheap, for use as a small practice amp. Above 30w is just not cool, overpriced and horrid

I actually find the high wattage ones better. Doesn't the 15w not have a reverb feature?

And I find the cleans to be good if you have the wah pedal (the one that goes with the amp) turn on, pushed forward, and in the middle position, or the neck pickup. The bridge sounds harsh clean.
My spider III 150 was my first amp, and I LOVED it.

Now that I am more experienced, Im getting something better, but Im definitely still going to play my spider.

In short, great for a beginner, and great for practice. I wouldn't even be ashamed to gig it, unless it was something big.
I can sum up why Spider IIIs aren't a good choice for gigging or practice without even typing a full sentence, or even a fragment. In fact, I can tell you why Spider IIIs aren't worth it in one word.

Cubes.

Go buy a Roland Cube instead of a spider.
Page 1 of 3