Hi, Im a 15 yr old solo artist. Although I listen to a wide range of music, from psychedelic rock to death metal, most of the stuff I have written has been very ambient. I just posted a new song called purple mountain. I am thinking about adding lyrics to it once I can figure out how I want them to sound. Any feedback as appreciated, Thanks. www.myspace.com/embryonicnightmare
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Purple mountain sounds very cool, But i wouldn't call it ambient, ambient has less variety but keep it up! Adding vocals might be a good idea=)
thank you soo much for the feedback guys, I'm glad you liked it, that's more of a demo, I'm gonna keep tweaking it a little with the recording software I use. And yeah, I suppose that song isnt as ambient lol. I will be sure to add vocals soon, I just gotta figure out how I want them to sound. Thanks again - EN
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
I'd suggest keeping an instrumental version of Purple Mountain handy, in case vocals don't turn out well.

Yeah, I was planning on doing that because everytime I tried adding vocals it didn't sound right. Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote by Pants99
Yeah, I was planning on doing that because everytime I tried adding vocals it didn't sound right. Thanks for the suggestion.

Captain Obvious reporting for duty .

And i just downloaded Purple Mountain. Listening to it for the second/third time, it does sound really good. Could be a bit longer though at one and a half minutes. Do you plan to add a guitar solo? Unless there is one in there already which i mistook for more rhthym lol.
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Captain Obvious reporting for duty .

And i just downloaded Purple Mountain. Listening to it for the second/third time, it does sound really good. Could be a bit longer though at one and a half minutes. Do you plan to add a guitar solo? Unless there is one in there already which i mistook for more rhthym lol.

Thank you for the positive feedback. Im glad you took time to listen to it. Yeah, I should make it a little longer, I don't know if I'm going to tho, its still a work in progress lol. If I make it longer I will be sure to add a solo.
Last edited by Pants99 at Mar 4, 2008,
anyone else? any feedback is appreciated.
Quote by jivistheshizz
dude that stuffs super tight!!!

thanks so much man, I rly appreciate that. This is one of my first recordings so i am trying to get off on the right foot lol. Do u think I should add vocals or just leave it instrumental?
try vocals and if it sounds good leave it, but if you dont really like it keep it instruemental, i think it will sound good either way.keep it up.
thanks man, ill try it
hey, I just edited the purple mountain a little bit and I think it made a pretty big difference, I'm still tweaking it but tell me what u think so far. www.myspace.com/embryonicnightmare
Last edited by Pants99 at Mar 10, 2008,