Right, god knows why I'm asking the Pit, but there you go - I'm obviously desperate.

I have a class talk due in for next week (well...tomorrow...but I can blag my way out of it) and I have NO idea what to do.

At first I was thinking of doing it about the music industry, and how things have changed from the 'Golden Era' or the 60's-90's, to the sh*t, sugar coated crap that's churned out today.
But I can't find many statistics or anything that I can use.

Long story short, does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do it on? Something controversial would be better

Oh..btw... No pr0n. Or fapping.

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Is the aim to inform or to persuade?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Will D

Well there's my no1 and no2 suggestions gone.

Interspecies Erotica?
If you want controversial, do it trying to convince everyone why Hitler's political views are right.

Not that anyone, including me, will be convinced...
Quote by Will D

Good day sir!
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
There was crap music too in the 70's you know...
Terms and Conditions apply.
I did it on why the toilet paper at my school is so rough.

and how I'd prefer to wipe my ass with sand paper.

haha I got big laughs with that x]

Everyone was like "animal rights" or bullying is bad" speeches.

I step up and start demanding softer toilet paper for my ass x]

I got an A
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by Dinkydaisy

yeah makes a big difference, TS!!(thats sarcastic btw)
also... an idea... about how woman should all be size zero's!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Dinkydaisy

Either really, I'll give examples to what other people are doing:

Why Rugby is 'better' than football and vice versa.

Stereotypes.

How Gaming is becoming more mainstream, and bigger than films (see: Halo 3)

Anorexia and Obesity.

Basically, anything that can spark a decent argument or discussion is good.

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Well there's my no1 and no2 suggestions gone.

Interspecies Erotica?

you my friend, are awesome.
Quote by Seth Shadows
dum, da num, dun dahnahanhanhanahnahhhhh *E5 / D#5* dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn chuggg chuggggg DUN, DAH NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Quote by nine01n
why did the woman cross the road?
who cares, why the hell is she out of the kitchen?
Quote by Will D
Either really, I'll give examples to what other people are doing:

Why Rugby is 'better' than football and vice versa.

Stereotypes.

How Gaming is becoming more mainstream, and bigger than films (see: Halo 3)

Anorexia and Obesity.

Basically, anything that can spark a decent argument or discussion is good.

How about abortion or euthanasia? Done to death (God I'm witty) but there's so much stuff you can put into a talk about either.

If not, talk about how crap the school system is.

-Matthew Arnold

Any controversial political issue maybe? Abortion, drug legalisation, should conservatives be shot? etc....
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
How about abortion or euthanasia? Done to death (God I'm witty) but there's so much stuff you can put into a talk about either.

If not, talk about how crap the school system is.

I was thinking that...

Bearing in mind, this will probably be completely improvised on the spot, as with all my talks/speeches.

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
I did it on why the toilet paper at my school is so rough.

and how I'd prefer to wipe my ass with sand paper.

haha I got big laughs with that x]

Everyone was like "animal rights" or bullying is bad" speeches.

I step up and start demanding softer toilet paper for my ass x]

I got an A

just had a bad experience with rough tp today at school. needless to say, the rest of algebra was very uncomfortable.
Quote by Will D
I was thinking that...

Bearing in mind, this will probably be completely improvised on the spot, as with all my talks/speeches.

The last speech I improvised was on why Doctor Who is part of our national culture, you could always try that

Just get some facts and figures, and you're set. Check out the BBC education news. Like how a fifth of secondary school kids don't have a reading age of 11, and how physical violence against teachers is at an all time high.

-Matthew Arnold

My last speech (damn that's loooong ago) was basically me pointing out why women should stay in the kitchen. I mean, if you cannot come up with anything good, try to make it funny.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
The last speech I improvised was on why Doctor Who is part of our national culture, you could always try that

Just get some facts and figures, and you're set. Check out the BBC education news. Like how a fifth of secondary school kids don't have a reading age of 11, and how physical violence against teachers is at an all time high.

Hmmm... I think I'm leaning towards this idea at the moment. Have you ever noticed in school how the idiot, chav-like kids always get praised if they do ONE thing right... Then people that consistently get high marks get nothing? I think it's pathetic to be honest.

OR I was thinking about doing it on 'Political Correctness', and how it's pathetic that we aren't allowed to say things like "Black Board", "Baa baa black sheep" or "Brainstorm", just because the Government are wankers and think that millions of people will be offended.

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Quote by TheQuailman
My last speech (damn that's loooong ago) was basically me pointing out why women should stay in the kitchen. I mean, if you cannot come up with anything good, try to make it funny.

Apparently we get extra marks for being funny.

Would Go Gay For Grohl.
Quote by Will D
Hmmm... I think I'm leaning towards this idea at the moment. Have you ever noticed in school how the idiot, chav-like kids always get praised if they do ONE thing right... Then people that consistently get high marks get nothing? I think it's pathetic to be honest.

OR I was thinking about doing it on 'Political Correctness', and how it's pathetic that we aren't allowed to say things like "Black Board", "Baa baa black sheep" or "Brainstorm", just because the Government are wankers and think that millions of people will be offended.

Well, the thicker people in classes are usually the ones with behavioural or attitude problems. Reward is the best way of enforcing a behaviour, which is why they get praised. Some schools rely only on this method, though it doesn't really work. Kids who are already well behaved don't need it as much, and a teacher needs to let the thickos feel more praised than the people who do better than them.

If you do PC you have to be careful that you actually use facts rather than Daily Mail crap.

-Matthew Arnold

the colour blue
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
if ur from the UK look at a possible return of the death penalty. Thats pretty topical the tabloids are going crazy about it
Do it on the legalisation of drugs.
Be for it.
You'll find heaps and heaps of info on why it should be, including clever well constructed arguments.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Do something a lot of people can right away relate to like Consumerism or something.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.