trans tube = solid state. period.

'as good as' is not relevant. play some tube amps as well as the Peavey Trans-tube series and you decide.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
They are the absolute closest an SS amp can come to sounding like a tube amp. but even then, they aren't very close.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Tube will still be better (imo) but depending on how much money you have and what use you have for the amp ... TT might be an alternative for you.
I am a Peavey Transtube fan. Great practice/jamming amps. For gigs I prefer tubes. If I had to I wouldn't be ashamed to play a gig with one.
Those are perfect for practice, they don't sound amazing but they are really versatile.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Trans-Tube is the series they had right before the Road King line.

They were Peavey's attampt at the whole Hybrid thing (tube preamp with a solid-state power section). Kinda like Marshall and the Valvestate line.

Not bad actually. I'd gig with one if I had to. Then again I'm using a Powerblock into a single 12" cab these days.

Decent amps? Yes.
Greatest Amp ever? no.
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs
Quote by axe_2_grind
Trans-Tube is the series they had right before the Road King line.

They were Peavey's attampt at the whole Hybrid thing (tube preamp with a solid-state power section). Kinda like Marshall and the Valvestate line.

Not bad actually. I'd gig with one if I had to. Then again I'm using a Powerblock into a single 12" cab these days.

Decent amps? Yes.
Greatest Amp ever? no.

Possible? no.

Is there such thing?
Quote by The User Name
Possible? no.

Is there such thing?

I suppose not. There are so many great amps out there that it's really a subjective thing.
GK 400RB Bass head
Quote by uldhppi
Transtubes are entirely solid state.

How so? I always thought they were hybrid?
GK 400RB Bass head
Quote by axe_2_grind

They have tube emulation circuitry, but they're totally SS otherwise.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have one and it sounds nothing like my tube amp. Its just an advertising gimmick.
Quote by axe_2_grind

He's right. I have the 110 EFX. There are no tubes, but it's still a really nice SS amp. The roland cube 30 is the only one I like for harder rock compared to it, but I wouldn't get rid of my transtube for the cube. i'm expecting a Valve Jr Combo to show up tomorrow or the next day. I'll be real interested in how well the 110 stacks up to VJ. It will be for tone only. No way the 5 watt VJ will out shout the 40 watt Peavey. The Peavey also has a better speaker. i'm looking forward to this weekend.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Mar 5, 2008,
I would have no shame in gigging with a Vox AD50VT. It's one of my fav amps, tube or not.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

FYI Peavey did make some hybrids in the 70's, i.e. Pacer, Duece, etc. They has a solid state preamp and tube power section.
Quote by Tackleberry
I have one and it sounds nothing like my tube amp. Its just an advertising gimmick.

Which transtube amp and what tube amp do you have. I have a trantube bandit 112, and its fooled more than one person in a blind sound test. You gotta know how to dial it in......
I have a ferret named Bandit. For that reason ONLY, my mom told me to buy a Peavey Bandit.

That being said, there are better amps for the price.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.