i play blues to rock to metal and i was wondering what you guys thought would be the best distortion pedal and has the most tonal / style versitility. i dont really have a problem with buying pedals used and i play a fender strat w/ lace sensor pick ups w/ a humbucker at the bridge. preferabley under 200 is my price range. so which pedal do you reccomend?
FRO POWER!!!
intelligable answer^^^^. jekyll and hyde from visual sound. most versitaile ive ever played. 150$ tho
(signature removed, please choose another)
If you have a tube amp and a overdrive you can get almost any distortion as long as your tube amp isn't a fender or vox that is a more clean amp.
its versaTILE ffs

you american lot just say it wrong. youre allowed to spell it right
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
It's "versatile", by the way.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
If you have a tube amp and a overdrive you can get almost any distortion as long as your tube amp isn't a fender or vox that is a more clean amp.

But Vox has a delicious overdrive!

(but to be fair, it isn't associated with metal)
i have a peavey classic 30 and ill spell versatile how ever i want =P... does any1 have anything to say about the tonebone trimode?
FRO POWER!!!
Alright, you have a good amp to start with. A fulltone ocd or a cmatmods signadrive will give you lots of power with transparency, and fullnuess. A damage control solid metal is 50 more than the ocd, that is, if you want more versitility and a load more gain!
Quote by Steve BP
But Vox has a delicious overdrive!

(but to be fair, it isn't associated with metal)

But you could always throw a tubescreamer infront of an AC30 to round out the son,
Then it becomes scrumdiddlyumptious.