Well, i got Guitar Pro yesterday, and i've been messing around with it. (drums are fun,) and i decided i'd start a new song. made this riff, started going with it and i've got up to here, and i'd like to see what you guys think.

The beginning isn't meant to be that way, i'm planning on doing a buildup of some sort, but i don't know how to add bars (or delete for that matter)

C4C and such, i'd also appriciate some pointers or help on using guitar pro.

-More edit-
lol, i keep adding more.
hope it's not against the forum rules to constantly update your song or anything :\
-i stopped right before where i'm gonna put a solo..i'm not a very good solo writer so i'm a bit hesitant.

-still would like to know how to use crescendos and decrescendos.

still c4c =o
Attachments:
Mantras.zip
Last edited by p!r4Te at Mar 5, 2008,
Well, start with maybe an acoustic riff, then add the rhythm part, then the drums, take away the acoustic part, and then pick up where it starts.

Layering was probably a better word.

i also figured out how to add bars.

Anyone know if theres a way to switch guitars from acoustic to electric? or do i need to make a new instrument.

Thanks btw lol.
Quote by p!r4Te
Well, start with maybe an acoustic riff, then add the rhythm part, then the drums take away the rythm and then pick up where it starts.

Layering was probably a better word.

i also figured out how to add bars.

Anyone know if theres a way to switch guitars from acoustic to electric? or do i need to make a new instrument.

Thanks btw lol.

You can do all the instrument swithcing stuff by clicking on mixing table (red and green colored square thing near the bottom of the page) or just hit F10. Just check the instrument box and then select which instrument you want.

You should crit some of my stuff, if you have time. The bottom song in my sig would be nice.
I'm a person.
To add a bar to the start theres a button near the top that has half a bar, a "+" and then the other side of a bar. Or Ctrl + Insert. It puts the bar before the bar you're in.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Thanks for the crit on mine :P

The green and black is something i've always done!

Seeing you got guitar pro yesterday, this is pretty good!

The riff at 11 is really cool! And at 17, also very cool and Dream Theater-y

Definatnly make a song out of this! 10/10
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Woot! something supportive!

Thanks lol. I've never listened to Dream Theater, but maybe i should start, sounds like something i'd like.
Yeah, I never listen to them much but my uncle got me into them because he lent me a dvd with the Budokan concert on.

There pretty good, make sure you listen to Hollow Years, As I Am and War Inside My Head. There the best in my opnion
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Very good, I didn't know **** on how to use GP until the first 2 weeks or something, not bad at all.

9/10
thanks for the crit

I likes this expecialy the harmony
I wish I had more to say other then it was really good but there's nothing really coming to mind
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
thats pretty good

i like it, though my only bad point is the outro - the guitars just seem to dye out. if you really want to do that, maybe fade them out? drums are a bit weird to end a song with though... well i think that anyway =D
Kind of makes me think of Blind Guardian. It's pretty epic, that's for sure. I love all of it, I've listened to it a good four times! I don't think much to the end sadly, but since you only got GP recently, I'm impressed, it took me ages of tinkering with GP to get anywhere, a couple of years at least.

As Carl6661 said, this will make a great song if it continues this way.

I dig the name too!
lol

it's definately NOT over :P

i just havn't gotten around to doing anything else with it yet.

i'm probably going to add a solo right there.

Unfortunately i'm not too much of a solo writer :\ so don't expect anything amazing.
That was really good, I think the way you switched between riffs was really good. I think that the riff I liked most of all was the harmony riff, very nice rhythm and melody.

Sounded like a cross between Metallica and Dream Theatre (like Carl said), which can only be a good thing.

I'd say for the solo do something along the lines of the the harmony melody, but then expand upon that, though I don't really know, I'm a bassist primarily...

also, see my thread if would please, I'm intrested in your cello playing skills
This is pretty good.

I need to compliment you on one thing. You made a pretty epic song, WITHOUT 20 ****ING INTRUMENTS. I can actually hear whats going on here, theres not 5 different pianos playing at the same time with some wierd rain effects and Tripple guitar harmonies.

Strong Points:

- Transitions were pretty awesome
- Harmonies rocked
- The clean part in the interlude

Weak pointz:

- The intro isn't really good IMO
- Yout not finished

8/10, I don't like the intro too much and its not finished but overall This is a sexy tune!!!

Oh and https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803802 C4C!!!!!!!
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Mar 7, 2008,
Really good for someone who only got GP yesterday

It was good, apart from the fact its not finished

The intro was alright, could be better IMO

All the harmonies were dead on.

Godd job

8/10
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

ya thank you for not using like 50 intruments.

overall it is good but it is not to my taste. it remind me of in flames for some reason(a band i dislike). cool harmonies though.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
ya..it sounds like epic.....i'll give about umm 8/10 .. i like the drums....they sound cool..good start with guitar pro
Yep epic feeling in it

Awesome song for someone who started with GP.
Like some said, maybe the intro could be better. Harmonies were beautiful.

Where's the solo :O

Anyways, 8/10, awesome Good job.

Cheers for the crit