The point of a 3/4 guitar?

is it for people with smaller hands or what?

sorry for noob question just needed to know

thanks
Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's for smaller people.

However I can imagine the timbre being slightly different on a smaller scale instrument.

sorry its in wrong forum....

and true ..ti sjust that i have small hands and struggle to go from fret to fret
to look more manly... who doesn't look manly with a small guitar?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by firebreath07

HAHA
Yeah it's for little people. Basically for people who may not be able to deal with the weight, have smaller hands, can't reach certain parts of the bass etc.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
so u think it will suit me ..i dont want to look pathetic on one but my hands are pathetic

im 15 for christ sake
Quote by firebreath07
will it affect the way it sounds i should imagine so?
Quote by firebreath07
well, aren't the epiphone/gibson basses a slightly smaller scale anyway, like, between whole and 3/4 length.?
you could get one of those...
If you're only 15 don't you think you'll grow pretty quickly? I started when I was 15 and I was fine. I started with a Squier Jazz Bass. The neck is pretty thin. If it's that uncomfortable you could but...seems like it was just something I got used to.

You could always play guitar
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
They're for if you're in a band called Van Halen and you're playing "Little Guitars." (It was pretty cool seeing Eddie and Wolfgang each playing 3/4 scale versions of their respective instruments.)

Other than that, I always thought they were for little kids to learn on...
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
ive got a 3/4 guitar and its great.

edit: oh, i just realized i have 2....peavey hp and peavey v-type.
they both are awesome and im 6ft 2
Last edited by ILoveGuitar07 at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by barb3rman
If you're only 15 don't you think you'll grow pretty quickly? I started when I was 15 and I was fine. I started with a Squier Jazz Bass. The neck is pretty thin. If it's that uncomfortable you could but...seems like it was just something I got used to.

You could always play guitar

I dont have a bass i said i posted in wrong forum but glad i posted in this i got more usefull replies

I have a Strat : fender mustang

the next is pretty wide well how sthis then to reach 2 frets down i have to use my index (pointing finger ) on the higher one say i was playing One by metallica

g----------4--------0--
b-----2--------2-----
E--------------------

i struggle getting to the 4 while staying on the 2 so i gotta use my little finger and thats hard
Quote by firebreath07
Quote by durber08
I dont have a bass i said i posted in wrong forum but glad i posted in this i got more usefull replies

I have a Strat : fender mustang

the next is pretty wide well how sthis then to reach 2 frets down i have to use my index (pointing finger ) on the higher one say i was playing One by metallica

g----------4--------0--
b-----2--------2-----
E--------------------

i struggle getting to the 4 while staying on the 2 so i gotta use my little finger and thats hard

Just keep practicing using your pinky. The more you use it the better you'll get. Mine used to be really retarded but it has gotten a lot better.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by barb3rman
Just keep practicing using your pinky. The more you use it the better you'll get. Mine used to be really retarded but it has gotten a lot better.

I think it's important to get the one finger per fret thing done, so the TS is using his ring finger on the 4th fret.

It can be a stretch for small hands, that's appreciated. But you will get it with practice.

I love it how, even though this thread was put in the wrong forum, we're still quite happy to give sound advice
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I think it's important to get the one finger per fret thing done, so the TS is using his ring finger on the 4th fret.

It can be a stretch for small hands, that's appreciated. But you will get it with practice.

I love it how, even though this thread was put in the wrong forum, we're still quite happy to give sound advice

Well, let's face it, in the guitar forum, he'd probably have gotten flamed and loads of n00bery.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.