i was wondering if its normal for you to practice the hell out of a fast song (fast being a very relative term) and u feel like uve got it down, but then the next day u feel like u lost all of it and have to start over again?

like recently ive been practicing snow by rhcp, and ill practice slow with a metronome (or without it) and gradually work up the speed and when i first start out i do good enough that i think "im making progress" and as i keep practicing it starts to detriorate. and everyday i have to rinse and repeat

im sure a lot of u are thinking its common sense that maybe u get tired or something but i dont know if its that, does anyone else have this problem, i mean is it normal to have it?
Last edited by desol89 at Mar 4, 2008,
Make sure your playing it absolutely correct. If you try to do it too fast and your doing so with mistakes you will slowly learn to play it wrong.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
r u concentrating on the song, or r u just letting ur fingers do it on reflex?

a big part of efficient practicing is actually sort of commanding ur fingers to do something, knowing where they go next, so as to create synergy between mind and finger
Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
omfg, i have that all the ****ing time, i get amazing at sweep picking, then i go over my friends house to show him, and i totally ruined it and the next day i was good again
You won't perfectly master in a day. It'll just take time, keep practicing.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
you gotta warm up and do it for a bit before you can play it like that. obviously the sound is not gonna be as good when you first start playing as oppsed to after youve been doing the same thing for an hour or two.
Quote by lordflaron
r u concentrating on the song, or r u just letting ur fingers do it on reflex?

a big part of efficient practicing is actually sort of commanding ur fingers to do something, knowing where they go next, so as to create synergy between mind and finger

well i shud say that i was playing the song a year ago when i first started (and i memorized the riff down cold and could play it at about half speed pretty accurately).

and now i came back to it and im practicing it for real because i wanna play it for a talent show in april.

anyway i never thought about it like that, maybe ill be more conscious when i practice it instead of just letting my mind wander off like that. thanks.

and like everyone alread said i prolly just need to be a lot more patient, i just wanted to make sure its normal. tough song for me to keep moving fluidly without hitting a string twice or doing something else like that.