Hello everyone. I have some blocks of walnut lying around the garage and way wondering if it is any good for making a guitar body, neck, or both. Does it hold the tone as good as other guitars?
Thanks
Yes. Quite good, as long as it's dry.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Walnut with some lighter colored stringers in it, like maple, looks amaazingly good. Even if its just a top. You can use Walnut as a neck wood, as well. its pretty expensive, too.
Ok good. I'm going to attempt build a strat body from this wood. Perhaps I'll just purchase a maple neck? What would be the best neck to go with the body?

EDIT: What do you mean by lighter colored stringers?
Quote by PeepingNinja
Ok good. I'm going to attempt build a strat body from this wood. Perhaps I'll just purchase a maple neck? What would be the best neck to go with the body?

EDIT: What do you mean by lighter colored stringers?

"stringers" are strips of other wood (like maple) running through the length of the body Usually neck through guitars (look for pic's off 70's ibanez artist to see the effect)

with walnut the general rule is the lighter (weight wise) the wood the better, the really heavy wood generally sound crap....

for P/Ups a bill lawrence 500xl in the bridge would be great as they are quite trebly