Page 1 of 2
I'm looking for some books to read, I'm thinking a sci-fi book with aliens and lots of humor like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy but something else. It doesn't even have to be a science fiction book just something with humor. My favorite kind of humor is dry humor.
An Arsonist's Guide to Writer's Homes in New England. Pretty funny, but also kinda sad. I liked it, and its a pretty good book. Look it up on Amazon i guess, i can't remember the author's name right now.
A Clockwork Orange
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Novels:

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, if you like dark humour. Very dark humour.
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. See above.
America: The Book by Jon Stewart, et. al. The Daily Show in print form.

Plays:

Romance by David Mamet. A rabidly anti-semitic lawyer defends his Jewish client, while the homosexual prosecutor has a domestic squabble, while the judge is delirious on allergy medications, while a Mideast peace conference is in town. Hilarity and profanity ensues.
The Last Meeting of the Knights of the White Magnolia by Preston Wilson. A dying town houses a dying man who's the member of a dying white supremacist group.
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard. One of the masters of dry humour. Requires some knowledge of Hamlet by Shakespeare to fully appreciate.
Can't stop the signal.
vonnegut. if your thinking of sci fi, you can go for sirens of titan. its a lot like hitchikers guide, but full of black humor and vonnegut awesomeness.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I Am America (And So Can You!)
Funniest thing I have ever read...ever
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
vonnegut is great, ive read slaughterhouse five and it is my favorite book, it has elements of sci fi, filled with dark humor, and is just a great book
Quote by saosin22533

Seconded. But watch out for illegal Chinese copies!
two and a half men.
Quote by saosin22533

That does look very funny, I might have to buy it because my library mostly has old books.
Lamb
America the Book
I Am America
The Alphabet of Manliness

All awesome.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Quote by Spockleatard
I'm looking for some books to read, I'm thinking a sci-fi book with aliens and lots of humor like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy but something else. It doesn't even have to be a science fiction book just something with humor. My favorite kind of humor is dry humor.

Have you read all of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books?.....its a whole series.
I am America (AND SO CAN YOU!) by Stephen Colbert

[/thread]
Last edited by awesomness_n.n at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by killsPEACHES
A Curious Incident of a Dog in the Nighttime ?

That book was more retarded than the main character.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by SG5533
Have you read all of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books?.....its a whole series.

No I haven't but I might look for the others in the series.
Quote by daeqwon10000
The Bible is pretty funny/surprising

HE COMES BACK AT THE END

I was totally shocked when that happen
i think youre thinking of Spock.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by hell_monkey
Anything by terry pratchett

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by search49
Novels:

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, if you like dark humour. Very dark humour.
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. See above.
America: The Book by Jon Stewart, et. al. The Daily Show in print form.

Plays:

Romance by David Mamet. A rabidly anti-semitic lawyer defends his Jewish client, while the homosexual prosecutor has a domestic squabble, while the judge is delirious on allergy medications, while a Mideast peace conference is in town. Hilarity and profanity ensues.
The Last Meeting of the Knights of the White Magnolia by Preston Wilson. A dying town houses a dying man who's the member of a dying white supremacist group.
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard. One of the masters of dry humour. Requires some knowledge of Hamlet by Shakespeare to fully appreciate.

Catch-22 isnt that dark... I read that in 5th grade and found it hilarious. Anything a 5th grader finds funny =/= dark
Harry Harrison's stainless steel rat books are sci-fi with humour (muchos humour)

and also his bill the galatic hero books are funny as ****.

At the moment I'm reading Alice's adventures in wonderland, i'ts got me giggling.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by hatebreed219

The bibles pretty funny once you get past the crucifixions and tests and such. even then those things are pretty funny
Quote by hatebreed219

I thought that was an incredibly well written book.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
TS, I hand you the "Worst Dissappointment Award".

I totally misread the title as "Humongous Boobs" instead of Humourous Books.

Thanks.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Quote by ZedLeppy

Thanks.

Quote by saosin22533

+1349823458923
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratcheet

It reminded a lot of Hitchhiker's Guide, but in a fantasy setting. But if you want dry humour, you can't beat

Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

Also check out Dave Barry, all of his books are awesome.
Quote by ZedLeppy

Thanks.

I did too! Glad I'm not the only one.

And it's got nothing to do with beng dirty minded. It's The Pit, it's what we expect

On topic though, Terry Pratchett FTW.
Page 1 of 2