My digital camera isn't letting me upload the pictures from it to my computer. I plug it in, turn it on, nothing. The camera itself is supposed to automatically bring up a software that will let me do this but it isn't.

So, anyway to manually do it? If it helps, the camera is an Optio S40.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
is it the first time you tried to upload, or did it just stop working recently? you might have to install something on your pc to view the pics. try plugging in just the memory card buy itself.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
is it the first time you tried to upload, or did it just stop working recently? you might have to install something on your pc to view the pics. try plugging in just the memory card buy itself.

It just stopped. It worked fine for plenty of time and then after about a month or so of not using it, it just.. stopped.

How the hell do you plug in the memory card?

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
pics or it didn't happen.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by Pedalboard
It just stopped. It worked fine for plenty of time and then after about a month or so of not using it, it just.. stopped.

You can look for where the memory card is, pop that out (usually just by pushing down on it, it'll come out), and plug it into an SD/XD/or whatever slot.
Quote by Pedalboard

hmmm...

you need an adapter for the memory card, or your computer could have a slot that recognizes the memory cards. it depends. you might have to take a trip down to best buy to get the adapter, just find the one that fits.

hows the battery life?
try a different usb slot...
maybe try a different cable to connect it...

i tried.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by FireandFlames
You can look for where the memory card is, pop that out (usually just by pushing down on it, it'll come out), and plug it into an SD/XD/or whatever slot.

Ya, I'm a total noob when it comes to computers. Where's the slot?

mmm...

you need an adapter for the memory card, or your computer could have a slot that recognizes the memory cards. it depends. you might have to take a trip down to best buy to get the adapter, just find the one that fits.

hows the battery life?
try a different usb slot...
maybe try a different cable to connect it...

i tried.

Thanks man, but I tried all of that stuff. Fresh batteries, I've used all the slots, and I don't have another cable. Maybe that's the problem?

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Quote by Pedalboard
Ya, I'm a total noob when it comes to computers. Where's the slot?

Not all computers have digital media inputs. Dunno if yours does or not.
Well, I'm not finding anything so I guess I don't have one. Thanks though

I'm thinking it's just my cord that's messing it up. Any chance I can go down to a store and get an extra one?

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
If it is, then you just have to find one that has the same connector as your current one.

They're not expensive either.