Poll Options
View poll results: Which ONe
PGM301 With Floyd Installed
14 48%
RG1570 with Pup Swap
15 52%
Voters: 29.
Sorry to ask again but...

i was originally going for a PGM301, then gonna put in a Floyd. Would an RG1570 and a pickup swap be a better option? I had 2000 to work with, and half of that is going to my amp. i converted and calculated and in total for the amp and RG it will cost only 77 Dollars over the Budget. the PGM will cost 200 Over.

Tones i want are

-Paul Gilbert
-Steve Vai
-Satch
-Skid Row
-Warrant
-Poison
-Bad English
-Racer X
-Mr. Big

Basically the Glam of the 80's and Shred!

and this is the last thread, i swear
you listen to good music *gasp*
wow awsome
pgm has my vote
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
you listen to good music *gasp*
wow awsome
pgm has my vote

agreed, the pickup setup on the PGM is pure genius.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
agreed, the pickup setup on the PGM is pure genius.

HSH? or do you meen the actual pickups they used Cuz personally, those middle single coils annoy me to no End haha

mess with my picking, so id have to get it lowred a bit probobly
Why would you buy a PGM301 and then put in a floyd? Just buy a PGM300 and you'll already have the floyd =)
Quote by Tubyboulin
HSH? or do you meen the actual pickups they used Cuz personally, those middle single coils annoy me to no End haha

mess with my picking, so id have to get it lowred a bit probobly

the actual pickups lol.
and why does the single annoy you? it sounds amazing! esp combined with the humbuckers.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
the actual pickups lol.
and why does the single annoy you? it sounds amazing! esp combined with the humbuckers.

Yeah it sounds great, its Just a Lot of the Time if its too high it interferes with my Picking and kinda screws me up a bit. Thats why i cant play a real SSS Strat to save my life

And i dont wanna buy a PGM300 cuz i dont like going used. i dont know why, but i just couldnt being myself to buy a guitar someone else has already owned. i guess it just feels...impersonal. if that makes sense.
i dont like going used. i dont know why, but i just couldnt being myself to buy a guitar someone else has already owned. i guess it just feels...impersonal. if that makes sense.

Yeah, i guess that makes sense, but whatever floats your boat man. I guess what it really comes down to is whether you plan to keep it or just use it temporarily.

I say go for YOUR ultimate guitar.

BTW: I was always a fan of George Lynch, so you may consider looking into his gear. Good 80's sound w/ distortion... uses p.h.'s alot too.
The voting seems to be pretty even. I guess thats the problem, its hard to Screw up With to high quality guitars. Anybody have any Specs or personal experience that can compare the two? I know in the end a lot comes down to preference though

EDIT:
Quote by MXBoy11
pics?

Of what? Each guitar?

And to the guy above. Yeah i looked into some George lynch guitars, but to be honest. i find his guitars Hideus. that might just be me though.

And yeah sorry if i have to edit my posts, my internet doesnt pick up Thread updates on here even when i refresh. it sucks
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by strings-N-stuff
I'd kill for any PGM. Floyed or no Floyed.

^i would too
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10