my friend offered to sell me his VK112 for $200-$250. i know this is a really good deal, and im seriously considering it, but i havent really had much time to play with it and i havent really had the chance to hear what its capable of. so i was wondering what kind of music they really sound good for.

thanks
They are fairly versatile. By themselves that aren't terrific for metal but can easily do it with boost. A tube and speaker swap greatly improves these amps.

If you play any form of rock I would probably pick this thing up for that price.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I own this amp.

Because of playing this amp so long, I am sold on eventually getting the VK half-stack...
You can't go wrong with this amp and I paid double of what you'd be getting it for.
B - MAN

My Main Rig:
☺1998 Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
☺Reverend Rocco(USA)
☺Martin DM
☺Peavey ValveKing 112
☺Dunlop Tortex(1.35Mm) Picks
☺Everly Rockers - .10guage.
☺Martin - .11guage.
☺Too many effects to list.
I own this amp and i love it. The sound is great for the rock sound that I play. It has stayed in great shape too. I'd pick it up if I were you.
it'll do great blues, buy it, it's a fantastic amp
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Quote by n_tracyKC
ok, what about blues?

It cleans up pretty well and can get a decent overdriven blues tone. Are you mainly looking for an amp for Blues?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
well, im into a strange mix of music.. i play nirvana, srv, and christian rock (for church) all pretty equally, and i want it to be good for all those.
Yeah its a good deal and that amp is pretty versatile for the price. I would go for it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.