Okay, i have a fender stratocaster and i want to turn it in to Tom Morello's soul power guitar. First of all, i need to be confirmed that he uses a strat for his soul power guitar not a les paul. second, my guitar has 2 tone knobs and 1 volume knob, just like fender strats. I think i have 4 pickups, someone told i probably have 2 pickups and 2 of something else. before i write anymore i want to know if i can do this with what i have. help would be appreciated.
You can't tell between a strat and an LP? You should probably do a bit more reseach about guitars and pickups before customizing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
You can't tell between a strat and an LP? You should probably do a bit more reseach about guitars and pickups before customizing.

i can tell the difference, but he has both a les paul and strat.
here ya go

Quote by tommorello.net
Soul Power is Morello’s current main axe for standard 440 tuning (E A D G B E). Soul Power is a modified Fender American Stratocaster. While exactly what kind of Strat Soul Power is, is unknown, it was released in an August 2005 Guitar World interview that it was a “…Factory Special Run (FSR) released at Guitar Center."

Key Elements of Soul Power include:
-Ibanez Edge Locking Tremolo
This is a Floyd Rose knockoff that Tom loves for its imperfection and looseness.
-Toggle/kill Switch
Located on the lower horn of the guitar, this switch can turn the main signal of the guitar on and off to create a stuttering like sound
-Pickups
Seymour Duncan Hot Rails single coil size humbucker in the bridge position and two Fender Noiseless pickups in the neck and middle positions. Tom ALWAYS uses the neck pickup on this guitar.
-Neck
22 frets with a rosewood fret board and locking nut. The Headstock is painted black to match the body and has a silver Fender logo.
-Body
Flat top black body with white binding and white “Soul Power” writing. Also a mirror pickguard made from a shiny type of metal (chrome, aluminum).

Signature Soul Power Songs:
-Cochise
-Like A Stone
-Be Yourself
-Your Time Has Come

-Sendero Luminoso
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
you should call the guitar 'my advertisement to my complete ignorance of what is like to live under an opressed communist regime'
that guitar looks fail
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
I got a picture of a similar guitar of what my guitar looks like
That is 3 pickups, not 4. He does use a strat. Are you sure you have a locking trem? If so, keep the one you have. The Edge tremelo is not worth paying extra for. You could do this, but there is one thing you might lack, that you should take into account before you do anything to it. You can turn it into the guitar tom morello uses, but if you lack the "soul", you won't make it sound half as good. Also, if your amp sucks, you should spend money on upgrading that first.

This is definately not the first step to take in acquiring the tone you are desiring.
Quote by Hezix
That is 3 pickups, not 4. He does use a strat. Are you sure you have a locking trem? If so, keep the one you have. The Edge tremelo is not worth paying extra for. You could do this, but there is one thing you might lack, that you should take into account before you do anything to it. You can turn it into the guitar tom morello uses, but if you lack the "soul", you won't make it sound half as good. Also, if your amp sucks, you should spend money on upgrading that first.

This is definately not the first step to take in acquiring the tone you are desiring.

so you are saying i should do this in steps. i should first install a toggle switch, and get used to it for a while and then add some other stuff later on and progress.