So I played the Vox AC30CC2 at Best Buy this weekend, and fell in love with it, and have finally decided that I want it. I had played it a couple of times at Guitar Center on clean, and loved it, but didn't know what the OD was like. I went and cranked the Top Boost knob, and the OD was so creamy it really opened my mind to new possibilities I could do with my playing.

I played a Fender American Strat through it to see what it would sound like if I played it when I got it home, and the OD didn't treble out so badly like it does right now, and it sounded very full and rich. I also played the next guitar I am buying through it (Epiphone Les Paul Custom) and the OD was a little muddy, but I bet I could EQ it out, since I had the top boost all the way up to see how much drive it could get.

The cleans were great too, and I don't think I would miss the EQ knob it's missing, I am drawing a blank right now whether it's Treble or Mids, but it carries on nicely anyways when I play with it.

So I have decided I want to get it, but let me get some things straight first:

Here is a list of the music I listen to and play:

Eric Clapton
Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits
SRV
Hendrix
Led Zep

I play mostly blues and blues-rock, but in my band we also cover The Darkness, Hotel California from the Eagles, Foo-Fighers, RATM, and some other rock bands. Will the AC30 handle this, as I have a TS808 and GE-7 EQ pedal right now, so I can get the OD where I want, but other than that, I am mainly influenced by Clapton and Knopfler.

Thanks in advanced.
High as tits
Since when do they have amps at best buy?

I know nothing about the amp, sorry. One of my old friends had a Vox AC amp and said it was great though.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
If I had the money for an AC30 I'd own one. I don't so I'm stuck with my AC15 which I love.

The AC30 is absolutely perfect for what you want to do. You'd be pushing it just to its limits with RATM, but I think it'll handle it.

IMO, its the greatest amp ever invented.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It'll do 90% of what you're after without a problem. It's really not the amp of choice for RATM, but it'll do everything else really well. And with a pedal, it'll get by for you in a cover band situation.

If Clapton and Knopfler are your main influences, though, you may want to look into some higher end Fenders before you make your final decision.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
when did best buy start selling real amps?
IMO you can never go wrong with an AC30. There will ALWAYS be a place for it in everyones playing.
There is no "mids" knob on that amp. Instead, it has an "active EQ". If you mean that there is physically no knob on the pot, then just buy a new one. They are easy to come by and inexpensive. IMO the wharfedale's are good speakers in their own right and have their own unique sound, but there is a difference between the Wharfedale's and Blues. It wound hurt to try both. And as mentioned, you should also try some high-end Fender's for comparision.
Quote by Gutch220
when did best buy start selling real amps?
IMO you can never go wrong with an AC30. There will ALWAYS be a place for it in everyones playing.
There is no "mids" knob on that amp. Instead, it has an "active EQ". If you mean that there is physically no knob on the pot, then just buy a new one. They are easy to come by and inexpensive. IMO the wharfedale's are good speakers in their own right and have their own unique sound, but there is a difference between the Wharfedale's and Blues. It wound hurt to try both. And as mentioned, you should also try some high-end Fender's for comparision.

I love the sound of the AC30, and I used to own a Twin Reverb, but I traded it back for the JCM 900.

I loved the cleans, I miss them, but it had absolutely no drive on it, and my TS didn't do much either, and I do play a lot of crunchy blues.

I couldn't try the Bassman because the powertubes were out, but I have heard it's also a good choice.

I know Knopfler used an AC30 for his live version of Brothers in Arms, and Clapton uses Victoria amps, but they are too expensive.
High as tits
What pedal could push a higher end fender amp into overdrive?

I like the natural OD that comes with the AC30.
High as tits
I was thinking along the lines of a Super Reverb and a TS808.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Since when does best buy carry amps?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Since a long time ago, I would say about a year.

The super reverb is pretty expensive for what it is. Does it have any OD on it slats?
High as tits
I still think that the AC30 would be best because even if it doesn't do those artsits' tones exactly, they do a tone similarly to them that you have apperently fallen in love with. So you can't really go wrong with an amp that does tones YOU love and can get relatively close to what you need.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
The super reverb is pretty expensive for what it is. Does it have any OD on it slats?

It's the forgotten 40W amp in the same famly as the Deluxe and Twin Reverb. It's a great amp, especially if you can put tube driven reverb and tremolo to use. Those effects will be significantly better on the Fender than the Vox.

It'll start to break up about halfway up the dial. Great OD at gig levels, definitely a lot different than the AC30, though, which is all about the crunch.

I think it would be better for your two faves, that the only reason I mention it. Probably SRV and the Eagles, too. Like I said, it's worth a look before you decide.

It may even convince you to stick with the AC30.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I would really like to know what amp Eric Clapton used during his performance of Rambling on my Mind and Further Up On The Road.

I love the sound of its growl, and this is really starting to drive me crazy .
High as tits