I just finished recording this song, its pretty short. Its my first attempt at using a new drum programming software so the drums may be a little off.

Any criticism/ advice is welcome.

Its called Untitled 2

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Universal_Mind/music/all/play236412

-Thanks
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Fender DG series acoustic
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G
Last edited by Universal_Mind at Mar 4, 2008,
that rocked my socks off... it was a bit short tho and i think u paused to long for yr solo... sick tone tho how did u get it? ps c4c?
Quote by jesus is punk N
that rocked my socks off... it was a bit short tho and i think u paused to long for yr solo... sick tone tho how did u get it? ps c4c?

It's just my Ibanez RG through my VoxADVT30 straight into my computer.

Thanks
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G
Hey.

There are some nice pieces, but the beginning left a feel of detuned guitar.
Overall not bad at all, esplecially near the end where the beat changes

Regards, Ash.
If you want something done well - do it yourself.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Hey Man thanks for the crit.

First of all GREAT tone. Very good playing accurate and smooth not a jerky solo. It's missing something I'm not sure what it is though....maybe a nice low end is what it needs.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i like the bass riffs. for the drums, the high hats need to come down a bit, and the bass and snare need to be turned. i thought your tone was a bit too fuzzy. the playing was great! i really dug that bass riff in that the whole thing was based on. good playing!

try adding some overdrive to the snare for a more snappy sound. i enjoyed this! the wah stuff could use some work. you need more sweep on the wah.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804237
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace

try adding some overdrive to the snare for a more snappy sound. i enjoyed this! the wah stuff could use some work. you need more sweep on the wah.

Yeah, I was using the autowah on my amp so thats why it doesn't sound that good
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G
haha, i know exactly where your playing is coming from...I play alot like you. Petrucci is the man, that's all im going to say. If your looking for great drum tones find toon tracks ez drummer. Your tone is alright, but if you like going for petrucci style leads id suggest a cheap alternative- a line 6 toneport...or pod xt live if you want to use those tones live. Ive gotten decent results.

Untitled 2 is a cool idea, when you decide to do alternate picking, try and phrase a little differently; instead of just going up/ down a scale. How long have you been playing?

crit me?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13153650#post13153650
Fender Showmaster
76 Epiphone Riviera
SX LTD2
Ibanez Rg 7421 w/ Breed's
Line 6 Flextone 3
Presonus Firebox
Studio Projects B1 Condensor
M-Audio Studiopro 3 Desktop Monitors
Macbook 2.1 Ghz w/ 4gb Ram
Logic Express
Garage Band
Tone at beginning sounded like it was going "glub glub glub"
Once things began starting up, the tone was much better, still not perfect. But, you're using a VT, so no one should expect perfection. Great playing though. As OneShowmaster said, try different phrases. Pretty clean playing though.

Crit me please?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804954
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by OneShowmaster
haha, i know exactly where your playing is coming from...I play alot like you. Petrucci is the man, that's all im going to say. If your looking for great drum tones find toon tracks ez drummer. Your tone is alright, but if you like going for petrucci style leads id suggest a cheap alternative- a line 6 toneport...or pod xt live if you want to use those tones live. Ive gotten decent results.

Untitled 2 is a cool idea, when you decide to do alternate picking, try and phrase a little differently; instead of just going up/ down a scale. How long have you been playing?

crit me?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13153650#post13153650

Yes, petrucci is indeed awesome. I've been playing for like 4 or 5 years.

thanks for the advice ill have to check out the toneport
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG4EX1
Vox 30ADVT
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Frontman 15G
Criting as i listen...

Start off nice rocky riffs...i like

Comes in with nice solo improvisation work i also like

Nice little bass by itself part...i like that

Think the guitar should be bit thicker over that part with more chorded riffs instead of just following bass?

But very kool
i love the bass riffs throughout, the rythm guitar tone was fuzzy, but the lead tone was perfect heh.

the solo was melodic and has allot of good phrases throughout, the wah towards the end wasn't actually all that bad, better than i can do with my real wah :P

the drums don't really stand out except the hi hat, i would make the hat quieter and the drums overall louder.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost