I've been playing bass for 3 years and I'm really good, so I know switching to guitar will be a breeze. It'S So MuCh SmAlLer lolzz1!!11, seriously I'm just gonna play it bass finger style cause I already know how and don't need new techniques, plus I'm sure it will sound awesome through all bass gear... hey!! can I just use a pitch shifter and play some chords on my bass an octive up?! What are some good shred songs to learn on?, what amp/guitar should I buy? Will this plan work, or fail in a massive heap of burning guitar related wreckage?
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
Quote by djsteiner
I've been playing bass for 3 years and I'm really good, so I know switching to guitar will be a breeze. It'S So MuCh SmAlLer lolzz1!!11, seriously I'm just gonna play it bass finger style cause I already know how and don't need new techniques, plus I'm sure it will sound awesome through all bass gear... hey!! can I just use a pitch shifter and play some chords on my bass an octive up?! What are some good shred songs to learn on?, what amp/guitar should I buy? Will this plan work, or fail in a massive heap of burning guitar related wreckage?

yeah.
Heres what you do:

You go get a 6 string bass.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
oh
dear
god
normally id tell you to do it
but
just dont
please
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
could i get like a short scale bass and put really small strings on it, then run that into a pitch shifter, then into like a whole bunch of effects liek a fuzz and a distortion and a delay and then into a guitar amp? would that sound pretty cool?
Quote by thefrigginbob

maybe i am just to avante garde for you to understand what i am trying to do. i really like teh high screechy noises that teh metallica and RATM make, and i want to do that, what effects would i need?

Last edited by djsteiner at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by djsteiner
could i get like a short scale bass and put really small strings on it, then run that into a pitch shifter, then into like a whole bunch of effects liek a fuzz and a distortion and a delay and then into a guitar amp? would that sound pretty cool?

maybe i am just to avante garde for you to understand what i am trying to do. i really like teh high screechy noises that teh metallica and RATM make, and i want to do that, what effects would i need?

Does avante garde translate into crap? You want to get high screechy sounds from an amp thats designed for the lowest frequency?
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
i said run it through a guitar amp. my bass amp has a tweeter anyway so it can produce the full range of sound.

lol
Guitar is alot different then bass even if they are similiar.
if that makes sense.
it won't be that much of a breeze when it comes to some techniques.
especially fingerpicking.