would a distortion pedal work with this type of hybrid amp? Some people say it does and some say it wont Anyone with experience with this please help!
It will work. It will most likely not sound good. It will certainly be a waste of money.

In other words, use the distortion on the amp, if you don't like it save for a new amp,
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
I'm running the Digitech Scott Ian pedal through my AD15VT and it sounds great, go for it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
i use a Boss-DS1 with my AD50vt and it sounds great so try it out
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
it will not sound too good, because i run one through mine and the distortion was distorted(if that makes sense) just use the us highgain channel i mean that should be enough. i would suggest an overdrive pedal though. that would be a better deal
what is a good OD pedal to use? I also have a vox AD30VT (and love it) but want more crunch on high gain and warmth on low. I use an epi les paul
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
also MacAdam you said you use the Boss-DS1 and it works fine, does anyone have experience with more metal-like pedals? metal muff or something, because I need heavy distortion...
just buy a metalmuff. that thing will last forever and is pwnage if you want a lot of distortion.
like you said you want a lot of distortion so if you are set on a distortion pedal that one really is the only anyone would ever need to buy if they needed a distortion pedal