Us $600.00 a good price for a used Peavey xxx half stack? How are they tone wise to the 5150? Found one for sale in town never played one if this is a good Deal I think I'll have to go look at it.

Thanks in advance!
They're different from the 5150, but they're still good for metal. They are looser and brighter in comparison to the 5150, and the clean channel is a tad better (it's still sterile to some though).

I think it's a pretty good deal, if it works perfectly.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yes, it is good. The XXX is pretty much like the 5150. Both are amazing amps, but if you can find the XXX with the cab for 600 that's pretty good. What type of music do you play? Metal?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by LPDave
Yes, it is good. The XXX is pretty much like the 5150. Both are amazing amps, but if you can find the XXX with the cab for 600 that's pretty good. What type of music do you play? Metal?

Too bad they're not. Have you played the XXX?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Generally I play punk but lately I've been playing anything from C.C.R to Metallica just trying to broaden my horizons!
Quote by aznrockerdude
Too bad they're not. Have you played the XXX?

Seriously.. The XXX is way different.. When I play them at stores it doesn't feel as tight as the 5150 and it also feels like it's not as dynamic.

600 bucks is a pretty good price..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I had them both at the same time at one point. I still have the 5150. The XXX is a killer amp though
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
its a very good deal cab and head cost 1500 and up new
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2