I have a Vox AD50VT amp, with a Fender Stratocaster MIM. Should I just switch the bridge pick up? or switch all of them?
If so, which one? I have the money.
You are being way too vague, and in any case it all depends on whether or not you are happy with the tone you are getting out of your pickups. Also pickups are not the end-all-be-all answer to tone problems.

If you are happy with your neck and middle but not your bridge, then consider swapping the bridge. If you are unhappy with all of them, consider swapping all of them. But we can't help you, and you can't help yourself, if you don't know both what you do and don't like about your current setup, and what you hope to achieve by swapping pickups.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
like said. what are you looking to play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no change needed. Amp makes up significantly more tone than pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
So should I upgrade my amp eventually?

I just heard that the MIM pick ups are not that good.
Well if you cant even tell, then i suggest you keep what you have and don worry about it till a later time.

Because if nothing seems wrong with your tone then you are fine.
Thanks.
1 nooby question.

Can anyone explain the neck,middle, and bridge pick ups?
Like what different sounds they make? ( and on a fender.. there is like what 5 position for switch, can someone name them all some how? )
This is an issue that I'm beginning to have a problem with: people keep thinking their gear isn't good because they hear other people say it isn't good. If it sounds good to you, how is it not good?

Except in the case of newer players who don't have an ear yet, of course, but you can't just judge everything based on what other people say. If that was the case we would never get anything new, everyone would just be playing the same things.

I haven't been playing long enough to know exactly what I want so even though I really want to upgrade pickups and do all this sort of thing, I'm holding off because I'm not fully aware of what exactly I want to change. And I'm cheap, and what I think I want is fairly expensive...
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by RockingLogan
Thanks.
1 nooby question.

Can anyone explain the neck,middle, and bridge pick ups?
Like what different sounds they make? ( and on a fender.. there is like what 5 position for switch, can someone name them all some how? )

neck is your deep sounding pickup.
click down one and you have both neck and middle,
then click down for middle,
click down for middle and bridge,
all the way down for high treble sounding bridge.

in MEx strats, people usually swap out the bridge because it's so high treble, and not connected to a tone pot, so it's not very usable in my opinion.

an easy mod that doesnt cost any money, is connecting the bridge pickup To a tone pot. then at least you can vary that trebly tone a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^I agree, or modding it to be like Clapton's where the one tone adjusts the neck and the other adjusts the bridge/middle. At least I think that's the combo and I think it's Clapton.

Anyways it's a good idea to have all pickups adjustable.

Also just try out different strats with the same or similar amp to see if you can tell a difference yet. If you do, and you like other pickups better, do some research on them.
So, If I were to switch just the bridge pick up.. what should I switch it to?
I'd probably put in something like these because the name speaks for itself:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Vintage-Noiseless-Strat-Pickup-Set?sku=301632

or these since they should be closely designed to Hendrix's pickups considering they're from close periods:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Shop-69-Strat-Pickup-Set?sku=301637

But make sure to try out other strats like I said with similar amps.

Also MAYBE these if you're interested and you seem to be looking for a blues based tone that candle a lot:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lace-?sku=305432

They're all sets but in for a penny in for a pound right?
Quote by RockingLogan
So, If I were to switch just the bridge pick up.. what should I switch it to?

If you didn't even know what the different pickups do then you really don't need to be worrying about swapping them out for a long while yet.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com