Hey guys,
I'm about to buy a new guitar and a new amp, so i dont have THAT much money to buy both. I'll be buying an ESP and for amps, i was thinking probably a Line 6 because they have a lot of gain, yet they're versatile (right?)

just a couple of things i was wondering:

Are they good for gigs IF you use to 2 speaker cables and plug in both of the cab plugs ?

are they versatile for sounds clean through insane??

and if i dont like the tone, i could completely plug it in through clean and use whatever pedals i want to get whatever i want right? I wont be stuck with line 6 sounds?
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
Maybe you should go for a cheaper LTD, and use the money spare for a better amp.
In the end run, a good guitar will sound like **** on a **** amp, A **** guitar wont sound too bad on a good amp.
Considering the LTD's don't sound too bad after all, I'd go for one of them and save towards a better amp!
here's a suggestion. just don't get a line 6. there are some decent tube amps that are pretty cheap. the epi valve jr. is only about 250. you can get a peavey valveking royal 8 for 200 right now on guitarcenter. also there are the palomino's from crate that are fairly decent pricewise.
right. despite what people might say, line 6 amps are good. i use mine for jazz and blues and they sound great, and im sure theyre pretty good for metal because they have like a ****load of distortion settings.

but i would never use the direct out directly into anything, because it sounds like ****.

you should be fine just micing the amp.
well i have a roland micro cube and if there big brotheres are anything like them steare away from them
if you want something cheap versatile and bettor sounding than line6 SPIDERS
get a Valvetronix
pedals arent great through line 6 amps, so test out the head or whatever you're getting.
Ive used a line 6 HD75 head on a 4x12 cab for gigging, it sounded really good for what i was playing, but i never really needed to switch to clean. The clean tones sound like they came out of a clean metallica song
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Whats your budget? I would advise looking into a Randall RG if you're going Solid State or a Peavey Transtube
ive played many line6's, they are great for recording, practising, but the digital sound doesn't cut it for gigging, either a decent big Solid State or tube amp is what you need.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
If you want something cheap and versatile that actually sounds good, get a Vox Valvetronix. There's some new high-gain Valvetronix models out that might suit you better that the originals. I'm not sure what you're going on about with the speaker cables...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Moe.
Maybe you should go for a cheaper LTD, and use the money spare for a better amp.
In the end run, a good guitar will sound like **** on a **** amp, A **** guitar wont sound too bad on a good amp.
Considering the LTD's don't sound too bad after all, I'd go for one of them and save towards a better amp!

Or a Schecter. They are owned by the same company as ESP and are every bit as good (better IMO). But yeah definitely don't get Line 6 unless you get a Flextone or Vetta or something.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Or a Schecter. They are owned by the same company as ESP and are every bit as good (better IMO). But yeah definitely don't get Line 6 unless you get a Flextone or Vetta or something.

I thought they were just built in the same factory... (the MIK guitars)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by purple tiger
well i have a roland micro cube and if there big brotheres are anything like them steare away from them
if you want something cheap versatile and bettor sounding than line6 SPIDERS
get a Valvetronix

what are you on brother? Micro cubes are THE BEST practise amps, period.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Don't cheap on the amp. It would be better to spend more on the amp then the guitar, especially sine the line 6 is terrible.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
i have a Line 6 75 HD 1/2 stack .. if you get one use BOTH jacks on the amp and cab it sounds better... it`s deff loud enuff for gigging.. i never have though, but it`s damn loud

the cleans are probly the best channel and then Metal... insane is not that great and crunch is just horrible

but i maybe upgrading to a Marshall JCM900.... and as i`m finding out no you really can`t use the spider cab for a real tube amp .
Quote by druz15_UG
ive played many line6's, they are great for recording, practising, but the digital sound doesn't cut it for gigging, either a decent big Solid State or tube amp is what you need.

Hmm personally I find it the other way around. The truth is that a majority of people at gigs wont know the difference in sound between a Spider and a Mark IV or will simply be to drunk to care. Doesn't change the fact that YOU wont be satisfied with it. For recording however where I have to listen to it over and over and know that other people will be doing the same I would rather have a tone that makes an impression.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Spend most of your money on an amp. LISTEN TO ME
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Your tone will ****ing suck if you spend all that loot on an ESP and then buy a POS spider. People will point and laugh
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
In your profile it says you have a cube 60. You cant really beat that amp with anything around it's price range.

IMO, there is no point in someone who plays metal to buy a tube combo for less than $200. They give a worse metal tone with a distortion pedal in front of them than Spiders put out.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah, but my cube isnt loud enough for my gigs

i've had to BORROW other bands amps for god sakes
it was frickin embarrasing

my budget i would say, if i was to push it, 800-900 dollars for an amp.
would that do for a good tube?
My Gear:
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Quote by Devilsguitarist
yeah, but my cube isnt loud enough for my gigs

i've had to BORROW other bands amps for god sakes
it was frickin embarrasing

my budget i would say, if i was to push it, 800-900 dollars for an amp.
would that do for a good tube?

is that your total budget, or just amp budget

If its your total budget find a used:
B-52 At112
Peavey Valveking 112
or
Randall RG50TC
if u try you could get those for about 300$, then look around for a guitar u like
Quote by GoDrex
so he put his name on a crap amp? that's surprising. I guess he needed the money.

yea i really dont understand what happened there, i tried it out with high hopes seeing bogner on it, but it just sounded like a spider with a little better tone, not worth the money at all
Quote by Nephalimrising
is that your total budget, or just amp budget

If its your total budget find a used:
B-52 At112
Peavey Valveking 112
or
Randall RG50TC
if u try you could get those for about 300$, then look around for a guitar u like

nahh my AMP budget will be around 800 or 900 tops
im set on which guitar im getting, my only problem now is what amp

i just checked out the peavey windsor, its too weak. I really just want an amp that can go from a metallica sound to a red hot chilli peppers sound to an arctic monkeys sound to just, i dont know a versatile amp basically. tube or not isnt that important to me, but whatever sounds good
My Gear:
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Quote by Devilsguitarist
nahh my AMP budget will be around 800 or 900 tops
im set on which guitar im getting, my only problem now is what amp

i just checked out the peavey windsor, its too weak. I really just want an amp that can go from a metallica sound to a red hot chilli peppers sound to an arctic monkeys sound to just, i dont know a versatile amp basically. tube or not isnt that important to me, but whatever sounds good

Too WEAK? 100 tube watts is NOT weak. That will rip your balls off. Its not versitle but weak? Thats enough power to play Slane Castle. Anyway I would suggest looking at getting a Carvin V3-212 if you can find it. Very versatile.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

depends on what youre playing
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Buy a Line 6 amp if you want to sacrifice tone for a range of different sounds from a fake digital sparkling clean to a ****ty sounding brUtalz distortion. Running a bunch of good pedals infront of it won't make it sound much better.
Quote by soul_power
The truth is that a majority of people at gigs wont know the difference in sound between a Spider and a Mark IV or will simply be to drunk to care.

The audience does know fizzy **** when they hear it.
STUFF YOU ALL Line 6 rox dude.. Trust me i know.. get one you will love it.. everyone that says it sux doesnt know how to use it and get a good sound.. if you learn the tricks to it ull like it.. its freaking versitile
I wouldnt touch you... even with a 20 ft pole

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke
Quote by BaM_bAM
STUFF YOU ALL Line 6 rox dude.. Trust me i know.. get one you will love it.. everyone that says it sux doesnt know how to use it and get a good sound.. if you learn the tricks to it ull like it.. its freaking versitile

*sigh*
Quote by mr_hankey
*sigh*

Ya

Quote by druz15_UG
what are you on brother? Micro cubes are THE BEST practise amps, period.

Indeed they are

I play the hell out of mine and the speaker actually sounds good on it too!
I think Valveking 212 is the big win. The fact that there is so many line6 haters there must be something wrong with them. Most of it comes from the spider series. They are rubish.

Given the fact your gigging id say your trolling.
Quote by MrChris
I think Valveking 212 is the big win. The fact that there is so many line6 haters there must be something wrong with them. Most of it comes from the spider series. They are rubish.

Given the fact your gigging id say your trolling.

Have you ever tried one??