Other than the rectifier + 40 more watts, is there any real difference (sound-wise) between the AT-100 and AT112? Im really liking some of the sound clips im hearing of the AT-100.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
The AT-100 is a head, the AT-112 is a combo
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I think one is a combo and the others a head, IDK if there is any other real difference aside from what you mentioned.

Also, not to hijack your thread, but does anyone know the difference between the AT100 head and the ST 100 head?
Quote by MESAexplorer
The AT-100 is a head, the AT-112 is a combo

Yes I'm aware of that =)

Just wondering if they sound the same.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

If you hooked the head to a 1x12 open back cab they would sound the same but I really doubt your going to do that 2x12 or 4x12 cab more bottom end
So it should sound about the same as the AT-100 head... just without the same bottom end?

Keep in mind that the AT-100 is NOT the head version of the AT-112, its the Head Version of the AT-212
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by boxcarmonument
If you hooked the head to a 1x12 open back cab they would sound the same but I really doubt your going to do that 2x12 or 4x12 cab more bottom end

Expect for the wattage difference. Like he siad a 412 will move more air and have more bottom end and will be better for metal.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I sure hope it sounds like its big brother... holy crap... Check out this Mesa Dual Rec vs B52 AT-100 page.

http://enamelband.com/temporary/B52vsMESA/

They sound almost exactly the same =o
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
I sure hope it sounds like its big brother... holy crap... Check out this Mesa Dual Rec vs B52 AT-100 page.

I've seen the AT-100's go for as low as $300 on ebay. If you can get like a 212 cab it might be worth going that route but 100 Watts of all tube power is A LOT . If I don't get enough for a V3 I might go for a used AT-100.
EDIT: Those clips sound great. On some of them I actually prefer the B-52. Rectos are great but they're known for being kind of loose but the B-52 seems to tighten it up a little and not make it sound so "flabby" Kind of like a mix between a Recto and a 5150. I like it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by mike.h

You can make a dual rec sound like a B-52 but you cant make a B-52 sound like a dual rec.

If you read the statement it tells you they cut the Mesa to Spongy and vacuum tubes. Cutting them on bold and with silicon diodes makes it a whole different animal.

That being said, if you want a near recto tone at a great price, the B-52 is a great choice.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
So the AT-112 should sound pretty similar to the AT-100 right.. =)
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Bump =)

Has anyone played the AT-112 combo? Comments?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

The 112 combo is a two channel amp as opposed to the other ones which are all three channel amps. I think the 112 has less gain on tap than the 212 and the head. I have the 112, and I remember having more gain on the head, but I'm not so sure if the 212 has more gain.
12 fret fury
Quote by Punk Poser
The 112 combo is a two channel amp as opposed to the other ones which are all three channel amps. I think the 112 has less gain on tap than the 212 and the head. I have the 112, and I remember having more gain on the head, but I'm not so sure if the 212 has more gain.

Hows the distortion on the 112?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Hows the distortion on the 112?

Pretty damn good I have to say.
It has a throaty and punch sound and plenty of warmth to it. With the mids up, you get a nice punchy crunch and a nice natural "tube amp" sound. With the contour knob down, you can get a pretty good Metallica like tone with a lot of low end. the distortion really can't do anything vintage very well. The distorted tone be a bit harsh on the high end, and the low end is a bit flabby which is why I want to upgrade to a better speaker. Overall though, it is great for the price.
12 fret fury
Let's see.

The AT-100 has more gain, a bright channel(the cleans sparkle), and more clean headroom.

On the other hand, the AT-112 still has plenty of gain, nice cleans, and overall sounds amazing.

The AT-112 is a great amp. I know; I'm sitting right next to mine. I'd give more details about the Overdrive channel, but Punk Poser did a good job.

By the way, it's heavier than it looks.

Edit - Also, try to get a nice deal for it. I got mine brand new(straight from B-52) for $300 at Guitar Center
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.