Has anyone tried this? I want to throw a small ammount of red anodizing to my saddles, tuning pegs and bigsby mount on my tele to accent the red led lights in the humbucker cavity. It sounds like a really cool idea but I have never seen it done.
I have no idea if that will work but it sounds cool. be sure to post pics if you do it.
Google it!
I just did and found a decent amount of info.
It seems like it is possible, depending on how your hardware is plated or colored already. (chrome, aluminum, gold, black, etc...)
Do some research on your own.

you might have to actually put some work into it !
"Here we are, Juggernaut."

/C/R/A/C/K/ my anti-dru...
Quote by 1_wise_guy
Google it!
I just did and found a decent amount of info.
It seems like it is possible, depending on how your hardware is plated or colored already. (chrome, aluminum, gold, black, etc...)
Do some research on your own.

you might have to actually put some work into it !

No Way! are you serious?

Sounds like a cool idea, though I don't know how it will work out.

avril lavigne's Teli is the bR0talz *snickers*

lol
i looked up some more because i have nothing better to do then tend to your project. i think it will work. i'd try it on your tuners first, and see how those turn out before doing it on the bigsby or your saddles.

EDIT: This will NOT work if your harware is steel or for some reason iron, because it will flake off and be useless.
"Here we are, Juggernaut."

/C/R/A/C/K/ my anti-dru...
Last edited by 1_wise_guy at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by 1_wise_guy
lol
i looked up some more because i have nothing better to do then tend to your project. i think it will work. i'd try it on your tuners first, and see how those turn out before doing it on the bigsby or your saddles.

EDIT: This will NOT work if your harware is steel or for some reason iron, because it will flake off and be useless.

Hmmmm. Thats sad. My roller saddles are steel. I also did some research myself. It seems the ideal solution is to only do this with aluminum and then get someone else to do it.
Anodizing is not really a do it yourself home project. And it only works on a few kinds of aluminum. Probably why you dont see it done more. And like gold plating will wear off faitly easy with alot of use.