What do you guys think about electric cars. Should we go elctric or not?

I think we should, its the way of the future!!!
Hybrids! Both electric & gas powered.
Or wait for Ethenol powered cars.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I love this topic!!

anything to get away from gas. hybrids and ethanol are good, but we should only be looking at those as temproary fixes. expecially hybrids b/c even though you arent poluting as much w/ you car, but try and figure out where the juice for it is coming from. probably a coal or oil plant.

what we need are cars that use completely new tech. hydrogen, solar, and anything like that is what we need. once we can completely shut out fossil fuels, the US or any other country doesnt need to go to another country that has already jacked the price for oil way up just for getting it out of the ground, before its citizens even get a crack at it. so example

-lets say it cost country A $5 (all expences included) to get a barrel of oil out of the ground
-then country B comes and buys that barrel for $10
-then country B sells that barrel to the citizens for $20 for another profit.

now lets say we have a hydrogen economy

-country B harvest 1 "barrel" of hydrogen from the air for $2
-country B sells that "barrel" for $5.

i know thats not a scientific look, but basically you cut out the middle man, and its cheaper to begin w/.

not only is it cheaper w/ hydrogen, but one gallon of hydrogen is twice as effective as one gallon of gas. so w/ a projected price of approx. $1.20 per gallon for hydrogen in the future and gas likely being close to $5 a gallon, you can do the math. for 60 cents of hydrogen you get what $5 of gas gets you.
Yeah, electric cars are completely viable solutions in the near future. Hydrogen cars are a bit of a pipe dream as of now (practical ones anyway), but electric cars have already been put out on the market and everyone loved them. The problem as it stands is that the electricity is coming from coal plants for the most part, which is no better than cars. What we need before anything can happen with cars is major expansion of hydro, solar, geothermal and other non-conventional energy sources. Another major problem is the huge part oil industries play on the automobile industry and guess what the oil industries want.
Quote by !nterceptor
Nuclear powered cars.. how many times must I say it

LMAO

about electric cars again though, the electricity you use to charge them up is probably coming from a coal, oil or gas power plant. sure they are better than gas engines for now, but ya know i think in about 5 years, we need to have some serious alternatives to gas and other fossil fuels.

so for now, yeah hybrids and electrics are great! but in the next few years we need to be completely green, before it really becomes a problem
rape them.
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
We already had electric cars. Than for some reason, the car companies fought it and continued making only petrol based cars. Cali was full of electric cars. In fact, cali forced car manufactures to have 20% of the cars the produced, electric. Even though, to recharge them using coal powered plants, it was still more economical than using only gas. Eventually the consumer thought the electric car was 'less' and that they shouldnt have to pay as much. For some reason the car companies tricked people into believing electric cars were trash. I wish everyone would switch over, so theres more gas for me to burn later.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by Ehh
We already had electric cars. Than for some reason, the car companies fought it and continued making only petrol based cars. Cali was full of electric cars. In fact, cali forced car manufactures to have 20% of the cars the produced, electric. Even though, to recharge them using coal powered plants, it was still more economical than using only gas. Eventually the consumer thought the electric car was 'less' and that they shouldnt have to pay as much. For some reason the car companies tricked people into believing electric cars were trash. I wish everyone would switch over, so theres more gas for me to burn later.

we also had hybrid technology about 30 years ago, but the oil companies bought the blueprints from the group of scientists who invented it
electric cars don't have to be future. they were already here and left. like Ehh said. Oil companies, auto makers, hydrogen fuel cell dreams and the california air resources board killed the electric car. a mandate was actually passed to phase electric cars into california gradually until there were to be no other cars sold in cali. It was terminated by CARB. watch the documentary... Who Killed The Electric Car?
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by slamjam
we also had hybrid technology about 30 years ago, but the oil companies bought the blueprints from the group of scientists who invented it

anyone interested in this stuff should watch the documentary "who killed the electric car?"
Nobody seems to realize that if everyone on earth gets an electric car, we're going to need a new source of energy for the power plants to run on. There's about a car for every person in the US. That's 300 million giant electricity- suckers. We're going to have to make more nuclear plants, start using geothermal energy, or something, because coal and hydroelectric power won't be able to keep up with that.
Quote by imthehitcher
would we put hydrogen cars in that bracket

because Honda's is very impressive

yes but how many teenagers and ppl would drive that?

i get sooo pissed off when i hear my friends saying how theyd never drive a prius (i love them) just because they dont look like a sports car
Quote by nt1440
yes but how many teenagers and ppl would drive that?

i get sooo pissed off when i hear my friends saying how theyd never drive a prius (i love them) just because they dont look like a sports car
You know how to fix that? Make 'em look like sports cars.

I don't know why car makers are convinced electric cars have to look like a Toyota Echo.
Quote by Flying Couch
You know how to fix that? Make 'em look like sports cars.

I don't know why car makers are convinced electric cars have to look like a Toyota Echo.

i still dont understand the fascination with speed when people buy cars, there is no (legal) reason that you need 250 horsepower to just get around
Quote by nt1440
i still dont understand the fascination with speed when people buy cars, there is no (legal) reason that you need 250 horsepower to just get around
Compare it to guitars.

I do not in fact need 5 seperate Les Pauls, 3 Explorers, 4 Flying Vs, a double-neck SG, and a ES-339. I could probably get 2-4 guitars that could accomplish everything they could and more. But I'd still like to have all of them.

Additionally, I have no idea how into cars you are, but to many, myself included, it's more than just getting around. It's art.

I'm an electric car, I don't go very fast, or very far, and if you drive me people will think you're gay.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
Quote by nt1440

Ever driven or rode in a fast car? Its either when your head hits the back of the seat, the turbo blows off, or the fresh smell of burning tire that will have your mind changed.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
This guy I know plugs his electric car into his outlet at home, which is like 98% solar powered. It's pretty sweet.
Quote by Ehh
Ever driven or rode in a fast car? Its either when your head hits the back of the seat, the turbo blows off, or the fresh smell of burning tire that will have your mind changed.

no, i personally dislike overly flashy things, as stated before, i have 2 dream cars, a toyota prius (stock, theres nothing wrong with stock) and a VW GTI (pre redesign), comma comma comma
I personally like the idea of electric cars.
Today we watched a video in class about the GM EV1, im astounded at how they pulled all electric cars of the road because there "wasnt a demand for them".
ಠ_ಠ