DS-1, easy to use and works well
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Zoom G2 MultiEffects Pedal.. That way you can get used to everything and see what out of the lot you like.. 100 bucks is pretty cheap and you dont waste to much money buying the singles until you know exactly what your looking for. Then you can always sell the Zoom..
get what u need, and buy intelligently, wahs are nice to have on you, other than that find what u want in a sound and work towards that, pedals arent necesary, and arent good through bad amps, also i would suggest not goin the cheaper route, just leads to regrets down the road
Quote by Nephalimrising
get what u need, and buy intelligently, wahs are nice to have on you, other than that find what u want in a sound and work towards that, pedals arent necesary, and arent good through bad amps, also i would suggest not goin the cheaper route, just leads to regrets down the road

do u have any pedals?
I would go with the G2 i've owned it and its a really nice unit and the sound quality and switching is better on it then the G1x. If you want a step up the G2.1u is a good option and you can record with it...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I would go with the G2 i've owned it and its a really nice unit and the sound quality and switching is better on it then the G1x. If you want a step up the G2.1u is a good option and you can record with it...

is the wah and dist. good?
Quote by flamefox14
my amp already has delay, reverb, flanger, chorus, vibrato, and tremolo effects

Don't get a multi-FX pedal. Play with the effects you have built in to your amp, and figure out what you like best. What fits your styles.

When the time comes for you to spend some gear money, the first thing you should upgrade is your amp. Then you can look to get individual stomp boxes for your favorite effects.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Don't get a multi-FX pedal. Play with the effects you have built in to your amp, and figure out what you like best. What fits your styles.

When the time comes for you to spend some gear money, the first thing you should upgrade is your amp. Then you can look to get individual stomp boxes for your favorite effects.

but i need wah and good distortion
Quote by flamefox14
is the wah and dist. good?

Everything is decent, nothing is the best but its not the worst by a long shot. You can get some really good distortion out of it. Theres like 12 distorotion pedals it models, including fuzz pedals... Also it mimics amps so you can just choose an amp and up the gain with no distortion pedal needed. Its a good thing to base what tone your looking for in an amp as well. I enjoyed mine and it was a good learning tool... Nothing bets the real thing but not knowing what real thing you need is sucks.. So i say get it...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Everything is decent, nothing is the best but its not the worst by a long shot. You can get some really good distortion out of it. Theres like 12 distorotion pedals it models, including fuzz pedals... Also it mimics amps so you can just choose an amp and up the gain with no distortion pedal needed. Its a good thing to base what tone your looking for in an amp as well. I enjoyed mine and it was a good learning tool... Nothing bets the real thing but not knowing what real thing you need is sucks.. So i say get it...

does it have a wide range of distortion? i play zeppelin, van halen, ac/dc/, nirvana, alice in chains, pink floyd, etc.
Quote by flamefox14
but i need wah and good distortion

Neither's going to sound great with your amp, but I'd buy individual pedals you could hold onto rather than any cheesy multiFX. What are you playing that you need them for?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by flamefox14
does it have a wide range of distortion? i play zeppelin, van halen, ac/dc/, nirvana, alice in chains, pink floyd, etc.

Yes it covers everything and more.... Plus you can get people's settings off the web so you dont have to dial stuff in...
Quote by slatsmania
Neither's going to sound great with your amp, but I'd buy individual pedals you could hold onto rather than any cheesy multiFX. What are you playing that you need them for?

i just want 2 play some wah songs like bulls on parade & hendrix songs, and dist. on my amp sux
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yes it covers everything and more.... Plus you can get people's settings off the web so you dont have to dial stuff in...

ppl's settings off the web?
Quote by flamefox14
ppl's settings off the web?

Yup, example some guys spends days tweaking and setting up the perfect zeppelin tone then he posts it up on the web (forums and sites dedicated to this) and you reep the benfits... Pretty smooth and saves alot of time...