Hey guys
My dimarzio evolution pickup arrived today (yay).
And I was wondering if it is an easy job to install it yourself

Has anyone done it?
Was it easy?

cheers guys
Quote by eeL
Hey guys
My dimarzio evolution pickup arrived today (yay).
And I was wondering if it is an easy job to install it yourself

Has anyone done it?
Was it easy?

cheers guys

No, nobody has ever installed a pickup - they grew there
If you check google, or do a search here, you're very likely to find a guide to installing pickups. Providing you have a soldering iron and some experience, it's quite easy.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
If it's just one swap then it's easy! Take a picture of the original wiring, then follow the DiMarzio instruction. Red goes on the same red wire of the stock pickup, green goes on 1 pot (say volume), bare (no coat) wire goes on another pot (say tone), white and black goes together on the remaining spot on the pickup selector. Soldering is tricky but it shouldn't scare the crap out of you or kill your guitar.

Btw, brand of guitar? 5 way or 3 way selector? And 500k pots?
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by SQHero
If it's just one swap then it's easy! Take a picture of the original wiring, then follow the DiMarzio instruction. Red goes on the same red wire of the stock pickup, green goes on 1 pot (say volume), bare (no coat) wire goes on another pot (say tone), white and black goes together on the remaining spot on the pickup selector. Soldering is tricky but it shouldn't scare the crap out of you or kill your guitar.

Btw, brand of guitar? 5 way or 3 way selector? And 500k pots?

My guitar is an Ibanez Prestige RG1570 5 way switch, not sure about the pots tho.

Cheers
Quote by eeL
My guitar is an Ibanez Prestige RG1570 5 way switch, not sure about the pots tho.

Cheers

Great, I did my pickup swap on an Ibanez with DiMarzio Tone Zone. I'm guessing that the pots are 500k, but if the pickup sounds too treble (slight chance), you might want to swap for 250k.

The directions I gave you should set you up fine. Watch out when soldering the bare wire though, the heat transfers quickly and can burn your hand.

Check this link out, it helped me plenty, but the guitar in there uses 3 selector, so ignore that part.

http://www.musicplayers.com/tutorials/guitars/2006/0906_Pickups201.php

Oh yea, remember that the adjustable poles of the p'up points to their designated position. Look at a Les Paul's humbucker cover's adjustable screws if you don't get what I mean.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Last edited by SQHero at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by SQHero
Great, I did my pickup swap on an Ibanez with DiMarzio Tone Zone. I'm guessing that the pots are 500k, but if the pickup sounds too treble (slight chance), you might want to swap for 250k.

The directions I gave you should set you up fine. Watch out when soldering the bare wire though, the heat transfers quickly and can burn your hand.

Check this link out, it helped me plenty, but the guitar in there uses 3 selector, so ignore that part.

http://www.musicplayers.com/tutorials/guitars/2006/0906_Pickups201.php

Oh yea, remember that the adjustable poles of the p'up points to their designated position. Look at a Les Paul's humbucker cover's adjustable screws if you don't get what I mean.

Ive started wiring, and its going great so far... (i think)

Any way, im stuck at 1 pont, I dont know where to wire the BLACK and GROUND wire.
Im looking at this PDF file http://www.dimarzio.com//media/diagrams/C.pdf
and the 5 way switch is different to my one, mine has all eight in a row rather than the one on the picture. And I cant figure out where to put the wire's...
heeelp!

Cheers!