Can anyone recommend me a solo to learn? I was thinking on the harder side, but no sweeps please. Also if it helps I've been playing a little more than three years so I can handle a good amount of speed, legato, phrasing, etc. Thanks in advance

-Will

P.S. any style is good but I'm not the biggest metalhead ever,
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
ride the lightning my Metallica, its a good one
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
+1 for Mr Crowley. SOOO fun to play, and there is a decent amount of picking and legato too.
Quote by fenderuser93
Can anyone recommend me a solo to learn? I was thinking on the harder side, but no sweeps please. Also if it helps I've been playing a little more than three years so I can handle a good amount of speed, legato, phrasing, etc. Thanks in advance

-Will

sup dude

my names paul and i've been playing electric guitar for just over 3yrs nw and like you i'm also really into metal. Some solos that i would recommend trying to play would be:
"cowboys from hell"by pantera,"dying in your arms" by trivium or "wickerman"by iron maiden. These(depending which one you decide to play) are fairly challenging and provide good techniques for you to learn and use in your playing.

good luck with the soloing,(metal rocks)
Quote by fenderuser93

-Will

My Sharona - The Knack
Quote by u-legend
sup dude

my names paul and i've been playing electric guitar for just over 3yrs nw and like you i'm also really into metal. Some solos that i would recommend trying to play would be:
"cowboys from hell"by pantera,"dying in your arms" by trivium or "wickerman"by iron maiden. These(depending which one you decide to play) are fairly challenging and provide good techniques for you to learn and use in your playing.

good luck with the soloing,(metal rocks)

He just said he's not into metal
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
led zeppelin - stairway to heaven/heartbreaker
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
Quote by ninewhilenine
He just said he's not into metal

he said he's not the biggest metal head ever not that he didn't like metal
Learn Freebird, Heartbreaker, some random live solo by a guitarist you like, Texas Floods, you get the idea.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.