Can anyone else do this?

I can Alternate Pick 16th Notes at 200 BPM
And Tap a note before each one...

So if their's a tapped note before every 16th pick...
I must be playing 32nd notes right?

I use a wierd Alternate Pick/Tap Hybrid Technique.

Is it my technique or has someone already used it in a solo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgXyLD8vh3A

Little improv solo with 16ths and 32nds

It's in my profile...
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/.../all/play237604

It's Called 32nd notes at 200bpm???
Last edited by meanmrmustad at Mar 6, 2008,
Well that wouldn't be picking 32nd notes at 200 bpm, and yes a video would be nice.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
second. vid? soundclip?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
oh my bad, you are playing 5 notes per beat, if your description is any good, which would be really weird. Your description tells us 5 notes per beat, 32nd notes are 8 per beat, pretty far off
still sounds cool tho
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
but he said that there was a tapped note before EVERY 16th note, so there would be 8 notes per beat

vid pls
UG spouses: fallenangel120, Leonheart...<333
Quote by Jett Diamond
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men? What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?

18th Member of "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
Its impossible to see or hear what going on in the video. Sounds fast though. Maybe you could tab it out?
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
32nd notes at 200 BPM? I doubt that. Maybe if you are just tremolo picking one note. Otherwise I think that's pretty close to impossible. That's 26.6 notes per second.
It doesnt sound like ANYTHING to me. I cant hear 1 distinct note, and its not the recording quality, its what your doing.

this is a good example of the result people get when their desire to play fast outweighs their desire to make music.

Why not focus on playing something that sounds good 1st, and then worry about how fast it is later..... instead of the other way around.

Sorry if that offends you, but im not one for telling people what they want to hear. The truth is more useful.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 5, 2008,
i didnt think it sounded 'bad', just very mechanical. i have no idea how fast that was but it sounded rally fast. make a video where the quality is better and we see ur fretboard/fingers maybe thatw ill help ppl
Okay...

I'll make a sound clip
and another video ( Gonna borrow a better phone )

Im getting a line 6 toneport ux2 today

and a tab
Quote by GuitarMunky
It doesnt sound like ANYTHING to me. I cant hear 1 distinct note, and its not the recording quality, its what your doing.

this is a good example of the result people get when their desire to play fast outweighs their desire to make music.

Why not focus on playing something that sounds good 1st, and then worry about how fast it is later..... instead of the other way around.

Sorry if that offends you, but im not one for telling people what they want to hear. The truth is more useful.

I'm a rythm guitarist, singer and i play solos in a thrash metal band.
And It sounds good out of the amp.

Im playing an average 16th note lick at 200bpm but im tapping a note before every note i pick.
Quote by meanmrmustad
I'm a rythm guitarist, singer and i play solos in a thrash metal band.
And It sounds good out of the amp.

Im playing an average 16th note lick at 200bpm but im tapping a note before every note i pick.

yeah I understand. Just out of curiosity.... could you play that exact same thing cleanly at say 16th notes at 60 bpm? Or even play it that fast again... but to a metronome so that its consistently in time?

Anyway, Im just trying to help. I think you could benefit from slowing down, and listening to what your playing. The speed stat is real misleading, and when you go for that alone, you end up missing everything else. Thats what I see / hear in both of your videos.

Fast playing is alot more impressive when its clear, accurate, and most importantly...... musical.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 5, 2008,
That would be 26 and 2/3 notes per second, which is a ridiculous speed. It definitely doesn't sound that fast to me.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Well, the closest thing I can think of is some of Reb Beach's stuff, but it's still kinda hard to tell.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
That's fast but it's still not 26 and 2/3 notes per second. Sorry but that's not 32nd notes at 200 BPM
Quote by meanmrmustad
Okay I recorded a little improv solo using 16ths and 32nds.

It's in my profile...
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/meanmrmustad/music/all/play237604

It's Called 32nd notes at 200bpm???

Listened to it and it's not that fast and sure as hell isn't clean. More to the point you seem to be missing some of the basics of technique like decent vibrato.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well... The Tremolo picked fast notes sound a lot faster than the 16th notes at the start..

So how fast are the hybrid notes?
Quote by meanmrmustad
Well... The Tremolo picked fast notes sound a lot faster than the 16th notes at the start..

So how fast are the hybrid notes?

What I said applies to everything you played; it needs to cleaned up and you need to work on things like tone and vibrato.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by meanmrmustad
Well this is just about the fast note's speed
How fast are they???? They sound faster than 16ths

Not to me, as far as I can hear you're just playing 16ths sloppily and trying to cover it up but what do I know.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
If you can't even identify what type of notes you are playing, you are definitely not playing cleanly. I would say most guitarists can attack the string faster than they can actually do it cleanly, so it is a really artificial way to measure how fast you are.
Quote by Matheau
If you can't even identify what type of notes you are playing, you are definitely not playing cleanly. I would say most guitarists can attack the string faster than they can actually do it cleanly, so it is a really artificial way to measure how fast you are.

exactly!

to the TS:
you should know that the double tap trick is easy to do. Using that stat for "how fast you can play" is very misleading. its an easy trick that most intermediate players can do.
the 1st half sounded like sloppy tremelo picking with some hammer ons.

the thing is.... none of that was really in time. If you could do that to a metronome.... and stay consistently in time, it would be alot more impressive.

Also if what your doing is really an "advanced technique"..... you should be advanced enough of a musician to know what note values you are playing.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
exactly!

to the TS:
you should know that the double tap trick is easy to do. Using that stat for "how fast you can play" is very misleading. its an easy trick that most intermediate players can do.
the 1st half sounded like sloppy tremelo picking with some hammer ons.

the thing is.... none of that was really in time. If you could do that to a metronome.... and stay consistently in time, it would be alot more impressive.

Also if what your doing is really an "advanced technique"..... you should be advanced enough of a musician to know what note values you are playing.

^+1 Well put.
Hard to believe I was a professional drummer for a lot of years. Even at my fastest I couldn't hit that many times in a second. Set up a metronome and record to that. That will tell all. Sorry for being a doubting Thomas
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd