Anyone have any ideas how they get their tone? It's so thick but not muddy. It's so clean but so damn heavy. I would LOVE to have their tone. Can ANYONE tell me how?
Eh, I think they scoop their mids, and use really crisp but gainy distortion.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
turning your mids lower than your treble and bass
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Don't scoop your mids... that's how guitar newbies destroy their tone. If you must scoop them though, don't go overboard and use it for rhythms.
They have nearly no Bass whatsoever...
Crank the Drive, half-mid? Full Treble!
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
a Nice amp they use ENGLs
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
a Nice amp they use ENGLs

THAT explains a lot. No way I can afford one of those any time soon. Got any idea what model they use?
hmm i'd say a powerball or a special, something with some ultra crunch
What tone?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
I THINK(not entirely sure) that they use digital rack mounted processing with a splitter to multiple amp heads each powering a number of cabinets..... Each head will produce a complimentary, but different overall tone than each of the others....... Keeps the sonic canceling aspect to a minimum and really fills out the sound...

And this would be live, I'm not sure how in the studio....

Like I said, I THINK this is what they do.... Can't site it, just think I read something like that about them....

I know that there are a number of other guitarists like Dime who have used this technique....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Rammstein
Bass: 9-10
Mids: 4-5
Treble: 9-10
Gain: 10

Found in the ultimate settings thread.
Next time, search.

/thread.
I dont really know WHICH rammstein tone your requesting. Theres a big difference between Sehnsucht and Rosenrot.

As for gear, what they use now is mesa. I saw theyr rack in here a couple of days ago. 5-6 mesas in one rack, and ****loads of effects in the other.
Quote by deaththrashcore
Don't scoop your mids... that's how guitar newbies destroy their tone. If you must scoop them though, don't go overboard and use it for rhythms.

So true, i hate how the other guitarist in my band has his EQ, it's Treble=10, Mid=1, Bass=10, Gain = 10.
god damn irritating tone.......
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by deaththrashcore

i've been playing for 31/2 years. i scoop my mids. it sounds fine. i just dont do it too much. i pretty much have a **** tone coming from my amp, and a boss eq-20 at the end of my chain, right before the amp. it sounds beautiful. just dont let me turn off the eq, or it will sound like the bottom of a wah sweep.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
it depends on which guitarist's tone you want. Paul uses Engl Powerball and Richard uses Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifers.
Rudy da Costa
Recommended threads