i just don't see the point in it anymore. it seems like i'm just whacking off without even any reward in the end. entirely uninspired. seems as much of a waste of time as playing World of Warcraft.
i had ideas of creating my own music. got the recording gear. i even put away my guitar and amp when i have (the few and far between) people come over, just so they don't say "hey what's all this stuff".
i dunno
the only time i do feel like i'm playing anything good is when i'm drunk... and obviously when i go back to listen to it, its all crap. but honestly not very much crappier than when i'm sobber.
well, i think we've all felt that way at one point, but eventually something good comes of it.
and theres always someone wholl like it.
First off, just chill out. Don't make it seem like it's a chore or else it will seem boring and you won't be putting anything into it. Just relax when you play and dick around. When you feel that you have something worth recording you'll know it.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
try to find something that interests you and who carry if you sound bad evryone did at once. (my friend play guitar drunk it's kinda funny)
at the point you are at you should probably quit and sell your stuff. some people have it in them, some don't.
ive felt the same..it comes and goes, but if your genuninley interested in the stuff then it'll come back to you...everyone has times when they want to give up...
Also, you can be a Jack-of-all-Trades! Learn some theory; play guitar. Get good at Salsa! Get into RPGs; lament Gary Gygax. Get a dog. Become better than all your friends at anything. Go to the gym.
The only thing I can say is you have to love the music more than
your ability to play. When you love it more than anything else..
everything inspires you.

Quote by SFPD2
at the point you are at you should probably quit and sell your stuff. some people have it in them, some don't.

^(reference)
Sometimes it just feels like an insult toplayers that have tried so hard to
get where they are now when people like you just give up. I started
out trying to play *Seek and Destroy* on an acoustic Silvertone. Now
when I look back..i dont even know how i ever had a problem with it
at all. It took me damn near 6 months to play that song and I loved
every minute of it.

Being a good player is not simply playing. You have to study. Listen to
great artists that you want to play like. Learn techniques from everyone.
Take some licks from blue grass..read theory..find out why the banjo can
shred so melodically..bring that to the guitar. Listen to Vivaldi...learn how
he created the illusion of percussion using all strings. Use that to play your
acoustic tracks. Go to open mics and use each player as a class.

If you dont have the drive to be a great player..
you cant have it given to you
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Mar 5, 2008,
Patience is not just a song by guns n roses.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off rude. But I meant if you really have aspirations of creating your own music, thats definately something you can't half ass. I'm not telling you to quit playing guitar or anything. Just do what you love. (When I said sell your stuff, I was refering to your recording equipment). If you are just saying all this because you feel you aren't good enough, thats non sense. You get out of a guitar what you put into a guitar.
Quote by SFPD2
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off rude. But I meant if you really have aspirations of creating your own music, thats definately something you can't half ass. I'm not telling you to quit playing guitar or anything. Just do what you love. (When I said sell your stuff, I was refering to your recording equipment). If you are just saying all this because you feel you aren't good enough, thats non sense. You get out of a guitar what you put into a guitar.

grrr...what are you doing>?
what ever happened to tough love?

I thought you were the bad cop...lmao
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett