hey, i have an ibanez RGT42DX, and i hired a proffesional painter to give it some vanhalen stripes ( yes i know its an ibanez.... ) But i have to remove all of the strings for the painting and i was wondering if that would ruin the kneck because of the truss rod + missing tension from the strings?
Nope, it'll be fine.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
If you are worried about the neck loosen the truss rod
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by telemonster
If you are worried about the neck loosen the truss rod

you shouldn't mess with the truss rod. the neck will be absolutly fine if u take the strings off trust me.
you should take the hardware and neck off when painting anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Sorry for hijacking, but if I remove a bolt-on neck from a guitar, will it screw with the neck or truss rod?
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
removing the neck/strings wont change anything in the truss rod.. temperature is the main factor in this. Unless you like drop it or something
I always wondered if removing the neck would impact the truss rod setting ... thanks. I'll be painting my project guitar in the spring when it warms up outside, so I'll be removing all the hardware. Coolio.

Quote by Zanon
removing the neck/strings wont change anything in the truss rod.. temperature is the main factor in this. Unless you like drop it or something