I am new to playing guitar and currently own a Fender Squier and a Yamaha FG730 acoustic.

I never use the whammy on my Squier so I took it off since it kind of became a hindrance. I have realized that having a whammy makes the guitar hard to tune since all the tension of one string will affect all the others. I haven't had that problem with the acoustic which has no whammy.

I bought my Squier over the summer because I had nothing to do and wanted to see if I liked guitar, and sure enough, I love it! Now that I have gotten better I want to invest in a new electric guitar (I already got a Yamaha acoustic for Christmas).

I was just wondering if electric guitars without whammy bars do not suffer from the tuning issue. I am looking into buying one like a Telecaster or a Epiphone.

Thanks
Quote by Ritterbruder
I was just wondering if electric guitars without whammy bars do not suffer from the tuning issue. I am looking into buying one like a Telecaster or a Epiphone.

Do you mean with a whammy bar?
first of all welcome to the world of guitars, second never say anything about an acoustic with a whammy bar... you might get atked by some hardcore ppl, third look at some epiphones in my opinons an SG, Les Paul (not the cheap ones) look at 400 or more... or a fender tele.. (none of these have a whammy, but the guitar you own is a squier so dont give up on the whammy bar just yet...) hope this helps