Ok. I've finally narrowed it down to these two options. I will be playing various genres of metal/hardcore so keep that in mind. The G3 is a hybrid so I don't know how that would compare to the RG50TC (like cleaner gain channels maybe?) and probably louder but not really worth the half-stack (combos are available I believe). I guess what I'm really looking for is a breakdown on tone (preferably more for the gain channels) so ignore the size and price and just look at that. I looked and found good and bad reviews for both of them. Anybody have any experience with either or both?
The RG50TC is far superior imo. It has that tube warmth and sound that no SS amp can emulate, it was just an overall better sounding amp when I played them both.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Different voicings man. They both sound different. Go try them out, you might find you like the G3 better than the RG50TC.

I found myself preferring the G3 at lower volumes though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ya, i think it comes down to personal choise
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
go tube! rg ftw
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
go tube! rg ftw

Contrary to popular belief, valve amps aren't the be all, end all of guitar amplification.

If you can't try them out, just go with whatever. Go try out some amplifiers in the store and see if you like anything that isn't a Randall.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.