I got a Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul, and some Schecters (I'm not boasting, just love guitars).

On my Les Paul I'm using Les Paul Classic Nickel Wound 10-46. On my Strat Plus I'm using Fender Super Bullets 9-42.

I basically slap the same Gibson strings on my two Schecters (C-1 Plus and C-1 Classic). I bought both the Schecters used so I really don't know what size strings they come with or the brand. Checked to web site but did not see anything about the strings.

Just curious what other people use and whether you think it really matters that much. I haven't ever tried spending the cash to buy a whole bunch of different string brands to find out hit or miss which ones are better. But maybe you guys have.

Thoughts?
the strings are 2% of your sound, about 98% of good tone comes from the player so don't worry about brand.
I currently use GHS Boomer 11's on my 6 string guitars(2 tuned to drop B, Strat tuned to standard).. , but I may someday switch to 12's for the drop tuned guitars...

I dig the GHS Boomers for some reason...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I tend to use heavier gauge strings simply because i think they sound a lot more full than a lighter gauge.
on my les paul I use 12's or 13's.
on my schecter, i use 11's
Quote by Reildeal
I currently use GHS Boomer 11's on my 6 string guitars(2 tuned to drop B, Strat tuned to standard).. , but I may someday switch to 12's for the drop tuned guitars...

Boomers make my guitars sound like crap...but they are magic for this guy.
it all depends on your setup. No two guitars are the same. Strings don't
seem like such a big deal..but a swap can totally take your tone do a U-turn.
We are talking about an infinite number of variables..

I think you may just have to do the trial and error thing...

Ernie balls are great..but I know alot of players that outgrow them..

Dean Markleys are very crisp sounding. They make my my SG sound soulful
like an acoustic..

Boomers and D'addarios and also..DR's are really good choices...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
^^I definitely second all of that..

I used to use a bunch of different brands and guages of strings, but one day I realized that every time I went in a bought strings they were the boomers... I guess it was subconscious lol

And I don't know about "magic", but I do dig em.. hehe
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Actually I did try the Dean Markleys a long time ago on my Les Paul. They made me nervous because it seemed like they were more abrasive on my frets. Maybe it was just my imagination. I finished that set and went back to the Gibson strings.
Quote by Reildeal

I use 11's in standard...
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!