Poll Options
View poll results: What should I get?
1965 Ford Mustang (Fastback)
100 72%
2006 Suzuki Katana 600
39 28%
Voters: 139.
Page 1 of 3
So, my birthday is coming up (april 30th) and my parents are either gonna get me a car or a motorcylce. Now, they're paying for half of the car, while I pay for the other half, so don't expect anything fancy.

Which one do you guys think I should get?

1965 Ford Mustang

Pros
-I want to drive a stick shift around
-I can drive with my friends which i enjoy doing
-if it rains, i won't get wet
Cons
-gas is gonna be a b*tch
-there's going to be a lot of work/money involved in restoring it. (its going to be pretty old/bad)
-parking at school, grrr

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Pros
-Speed through traffic
-Parking is a breeze
-more miles per gallon
-fun to cruise around
Cons
-If i crash, i'm dead
-if it rains, i'm wet

Note: I have access to an automotive facility so i can repair and do stuff to the car/bike as i please.

Updated 03/05/08
-I live in southern california where the sun shines year round, but the rain is pretty bad at times (the few times it does rain that is)
-Gas now is at about, $3.40 a gallon (not premium)
-It'll be the first time i've gotten anything for my birthday/christmas, so i want to make this memorable and worth it. everything i've been denied in the past will be manifested into this gift.
-The 1965 mustang won't look like the picture haha. I wish though.... it won't be totally horrible, but its definitely not a jessica alba of cars.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Last edited by SathiaSun at Mar 6, 2008,
you spoiled piece of ****.

anyway, obviously go for the mustang. you spoiled piece of ****.
Quote by b r y a n

haha, i can assure you i'm not spoiled. this will be the first time i've ever gotten anything for my birthday. (we usually don't celebrate it because, well, we just don't).

they'll both be around $6,000 and i'll be paying for half of it, so i think its alright.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

why don't you walk? its free.
owning any kind of personal transport nowadays is completely unjustified because of the cost of it.

save your money. buy the best guitar rig set-up ever instead.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by b r y a n

Would you like a hat for your ass, you ass-hat?

Anyway, TS, get the '65 Mustang. Motorcycles are awesome, but for all around usefulness, i strongly suggest having a vehicle with protection from the elements, and area to store stuff.

If you already have another car (which I would think not) then maybe you would want a bike. Really depends on your lifestyle.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
owning any kind of personal transport nowadays is completely unjustified because of the cost of it.

....yea, so he can transport it to shows on foot
What?????????????????

"don't expect anything fancy". The mustang better be a rust bucket with that comment.

And you are comparing it to a Katana. Is there something wrong with you man.

EDIT: not meant to sound insulting, but honestly, 65 fastback= awesome car for the rest of your life, once its restored that is.
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Mar 5, 2008,
Yeah, a motorcycle is badass, but a car is much more practical. You can take more people for a ride, and you get all the storage space that you wouldn't get with a motorcycle. Plus you'd need to get your motorcycle license (assuming you don't have it already), and then go through the training required to ride it. I'd say take the car.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
i chose truck on my 16th and regret it cuz now im 19 have a new truck and have to buy my own bike :P
Quote by majonior
get the bike so when chicks ask for rides they gotta press up on u

Haha, i was thinking about that, but i don't very many chicks. if anybody is gonna ride at all, it'll be dudes

Quote by danielrobbyshor

I love "personal transports" because i just love how the engine works etc. i also love working on them, so its more of a hobby for me.
i'm fine with the rig i have now (epiphone les paul special II, Digitech rp250 effects pedal, and a MG marshal amp). i'm not good enough to spend more money on it.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

dude i think its safer to get a car
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
Quote by NightEmbers
niether by a jetta, save yourself from the these God Forsaken gas prices, and the rain i guess =/

jetta's are for sissies. my sister owns a jetta, and she's a girl. if i had to choose between the mustang and high gas or a jetta, i'd choose the mustang anyday.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Get a bike! $18 full tank man, $18! compared to $90 for a car (thats my dads mustang vs my GSXR btw) ive crashed mine and it just gets you more respect as long as its not your **** driving that caused it
Quote by resolution1701
Get a bike! $18 full tank man, $18! compared to $90 for a car (thats my dads mustang vs my GSXR btw) ive crashed mine and it just gets you more respect as long as its not your **** driving that caused it

thats what i told my parents. i was like, "If i crash and live, it'll be a story to tell. If i crash and die, then at least i'll look cool doing it."
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by SathiaSun
my sister owns a jetta, and she's a girl.

i remember when my parents had that talk with me
signed,
your favorite poster
Get a bike, but not one of those ugly guido sports bikes.
Last edited by sargasm at Mar 5, 2008,
It depends on you. I had a friend that played guitar die in a motorcycle accident that i admit was somewhat of a drunk and now I've got an OCD monkish friend with a bike that doesn't drink. With the bike you need to be more aware which means less partying.
Quote by Flea_Is_God
with the bike, if it rains your dead

Wtf you're not going to melt. Get the bike mate! People seem to have this attitude that if you ride one, you will die on one. Its b*llocks, bikes are cheaper, more fun and at least here in the Uk there is a great commradery between bikers.
Quote by SathiaSun
Haha, i was thinking about that, but i don't very many chicks. if anybody is gonna ride at all, it'll be dudes

I love "personal transports" because i just love how the engine works etc. i also love working on them, so its more of a hobby for me.
i'm fine with the rig i have now (epiphone les paul special II, Digitech rp250 effects pedal, and a MG marshal amp). i'm not good enough to spend more money on it.

How you gonna take your gear anywhere with a bike?

Mustang FTW!!!!

Plus chicks dont like being on a bike ALL the time... (wrecks there hair)
Quote by SathiaSun
jetta's are for sissies. my sister owns a jetta, and she's a girl. if i had to choose between the mustang and high gas or a jetta, i'd choose the mustang anyday.

Good for you!!! The 65 mustang is so badass its not even funny!
Quote by SathiaSun

i'm a girl, i want to ride a motorcycle!
that'd be nice
like a bike but faster
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I didn't buy a bike because the weather where I'm stationed is crap. Even in the summer there are a lot of random rain storms.

If I was in my home town, I'd get a bike and then some kind of cheap car for the winter.
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
Quote by danielrobbyshor

In the US, things are so spread out, you have to have a car. It's the difference between walking for 2 hours to get to work and driving 20 minutes.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
My walk is at least 3 hrs to work.

I got a 4x4 jeep so I could drive to work in the snow. My job is 24/7 rain or shine and they do a crappy job plowing (when they actually get around to it...)
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
Quote by Sanity
Wtf you're not going to melt. Get the bike mate! People seem to have this attitude that if you ride one, you will die on one. Its b*llocks, bikes are cheaper, more fun and at least here in the Uk there is a great commradery between bikers.

It's the same here in New Zealand, it doesn't matter who you are, everyone on motorbikes treats each other like friends ae and you'll always get a nod or a wave when you pass another biker
Quote by Sanity

Yeah in australia with have that brotherhood type feel, just riding along the road you wave or nod to any rider and tehy'll wave or nod back... except for some harley riders.

You know, the ones that think they are king **** because they are a banker for the week but a warrior on the weekend
I suppose it depends where you live. If in a place that's relatively dry, go for the bike. Hell, I'm getting one regardless of precipitation. But you may or may not care about living a long life.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by SathiaSun
-if it rains, i'm wet

worse thing have been known to occur
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Simple, man.

Mustang= expensive, with a lengthy restoration, but dry and has storage

Bike= uber cheap, but exposed to the elements and only tie-downs for storage(unless you want a sidecar...:S
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by SathiaSun
So, my birthday is coming up (april 30th) and my parents are either gonna get me a car or a motorcylce. Now, they're paying for half of the car, while I pay for the other half, so don't expect anything fancy.

Which one do you guys think I should get?

1965 Ford Mustang

Pros
-I want to drive a stick shift around
-I can drive with my friends which i enjoy doing
-if it rains, i won't get wet
Cons
-gas is gonna be a b*tch
-there's going to be a lot of work/money involved in restoring it. (its going to be pretty old/bad)
-parking at school, grrr

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Pros
-Speed through traffic
-Parking is a breeze
-more miles per gallon
-fun to cruise around
Cons
-If i crash, i'm dead
-if it rains, i'm wet

Note: I have access to an automotive facility so i can repair and do stuff to the car/bike as i please.

Dude, that is a tough choice!

I generally dislike older cars unless they are really cool, like that mustang ...but I bikes man. I'm going to get a bike someday.

Anyway, considering you live in california, where the gas is pretty ****ing ridiculous, I would say get the bike. Although, may I suggest a Kawasaki, Aprille, or Honda for other brands to consider for your bike?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
1.Get Stang
2.Save Money
3.Buy Bike
4.?????
5.Profit!

well actually #4 could be "hey babe wanna hop on my bike back to my place then we can go cruise in the stang?"
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
Quote by SathiaSun
thats what i told my parents. i was like, "If i crash and live, it'll be a story to tell. If i crash and die, then at least i'll look cool doing it."
Logic this flawless simply must be rewarded!

Buy the bike. The way you think, you'll definitely look cool.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 3