Hey all, anyone remember my one and only thread here about a new amp?

Well. I ended up getting a 6505 instead. **** yeah.

6505 head with a 'MARSHALL 1960B 4X12 Limited Edition Green' in total, £1050.

Arrives today, should be good. =D A nice improvement over my Spider 3... heh.

So. Is there anything I should know about tube amps? Like... when should I replace the tubes or anything?
replace every 3-4 years or whenever you notice bad change in tone... or if it just starts a really high pitched squeal
tubes should be replaced when sound gets dead, when first running it start it on stand by or about a minute, start eqing with all settings at 5 (exept volume)
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
be prepared for the quick ten second tube replacement and also keep that amp cool at all times. i learned that the hard way in the middle of gig.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by sirlimecat
tubes should be replaced when sound gets dead, when first running it start it on stand by or about a minute, start eqing with all settings at 5 (exept volume)

I'd put the EQ's all on 7. But I'm crazy.
Quote by ECistheBest
^i start with all on... 12...

Same mentaliy I use, I just like to be able to turn it up a tad to cut a little less. It depends on the amp, too. My Twin's EQ is usually something like B-8 M-9 T-10.
Well, it got delivered. Annnd they gave me 3 leads fer free, 10ft noise cancelling (I think thats what they're called) leads, 25 quid each. **** yeah.

Well, it sounds awesome. So awesome in fact. I'm going to go play it again right now... (Gonna record a video soon and youtube it. Because I can. >_>; )
Quote by Smephy
Well, it got delivered. Annnd they gave me 3 leads fer free, 10ft noise cancelling (I think thats what they're called) leads, 25 quid each. **** yeah.

Well, it sounds awesome. So awesome in fact. I'm going to go play it again right now... (Gonna record a video soon and youtube it. Because I can. >_>; )

Congratulations, man! Just remember to let the amp warm up on standby for about a minute (as someone else also stated above, but it is important) before you crank it. Also, DO NOT shake, bump, or jar a tube amp while it's on or still warm, or you can knock stuff loose in the tubes. Let it cool off first.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Same mentaliy I use, I just like to be able to turn it up a tad to cut a little less. It depends on the amp, too. My Twin's EQ is usually something like B-8 M-9 T-10.

treble on TEN ?! woah, i can't even imagine how horrible that would be on my amp...
i always set my treble at 0 and presence too.
Quote by Smephy

Pics now!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by The red Strat.
treble on TEN ?! woah, i can't even imagine how horrible that would be on my amp...

Yeah, i hate turning the treble up much as well....

don't have a presence control though, which is probably a good thing....
Adam
^ With a Telecaster's bridge pickup (with the tone control all the way up), too much treble may actually destroy you
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
^ With a Telecaster's bridge pickup (with the tone control all the way up), too much treble may actually destroy you

with my bridge pickup, it WILL destroy you
the amount of treble on the pup is rediculous.
Uh, pics as soon as I can get my damn phone to connect to my computer. xD (That LG Viewty. It came with one of they small c.d's that I can't fit in my computer. I think I can. I just don't know HOW. =( )

But. It looks sexy. If kinda odd. (The cab isn't green, it's blue. I have no idea how I ****ed that up. <_<
Quote by The red Strat.

Granted, but I use the Low input, bright switch off, and use position 2 on my tele, with a little tone knob rolloff. Makes the trebble present with regular picking, but ready to jump in your face and eat it when I dig in.
So, new question,

On the back of the amp/cab I can change resistances, currently set at 4 ohms each of them, what happens if I change it to 8 or 16 ohms...?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I'd put the EQ's all on 7. But I'm crazy.

I always start with everything on 1. And I like to think I'm not crazy.
Nice. Sound clips plx!

I just got an ENGL Fireball but it's sitting on the floor because I have no cab until next week! Highly depressing.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Chex
Nice. Sound clips plx!

I just got an ENGL Fireball but it's sitting on the floor because I have no cab until next week! Highly depressing.

Your situation is better than mine...... Look at my sig.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Oooo, that sucks =/

Anyone got an answer for me? I'll post pics and sound clips and such like if someone answers... =3
Sooo... anyone got an answer? >_>

Also.

'And for valves:

<20W: practice on your own
20-30W Band practice/Recording
30-50W Gigging.
>50W Hearing damage.
'
From the sticky topic about amps. I'd say my 120 wattage of tubes is doing quite good for practicing on my own...

Now, another question. =D Looking for some pedals to go with this, I'm thinking a Holy Grail for reverb, Metal Muff for diferent distortion annnnd some.. noise gate. Anyone got any ideas for others? Or better choices even for the ones I mentioned? *Starts uploading stuff*
Quote by Vanquish
Your situation is better than mine...... Look at my sig.

I feel for you

My cabs here now and it looks and sounds so sweet.

I might upload pics later

Smephy, that chart is probably correct on average, but I can use my Fireball which is 60W at bedroom levels. Most tube amps you can't though because you won't get the best out of them.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid