Page 1 of 2
I'm just curious as to how often and how long many of you guys play.. Whether on a daily basis or not..

I fire up my amp and jam at least one of the electrics for at least an hour total(not necessarily all at once) a day... and probably break out the acoustic a few times a week..

A good day is being able to play every guitar for at least a short while and working on some technique/song work, or getting some recording done...

How about everyone else....

Also, might be good to state how long you've been playing for..

pushing 15 years here...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Mar 5, 2008,
Daily/Bi-daily for at least an hour. A solid hour.

Usually i play for 5 hours at a time. I switch between acoustic and electric.
I'm trying to play at least 1h each day, usually more. Sometimes i'm up to 6h+, but that's maybe once a week. And i'm just playing some fun songs, playing around a bit and having fun with the guitar.
And i've been playing for a bit over a year...
I play 2+ hours everyday.

I switch between playing my acoustic and electric.
Quote by St.Loony
I went doctors to see if I had AIDs. Apparently all I have is this thing called hiv... So nothing to worry about
daily, up to 2 or 3 hours on weekends and 1 hour on weekdays, and i do it in blocks not all at once
I play about 3 hours a day on weekdays, i lose track on weekends...
I've only been playing for 10 months
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

around 2 hours every couple of days,..

round 4 every weekends..
playing 7-8 years now
play EVERY SINGLE DAY if possible, like if im at home i will play, for an average of 3-4 hours every day, but with breaks so i dont injure my hand/wrist muscles. Used to alternate electric/acoustic every day but havn't got round to restringing acoustic.
I probably dont spend as much time as i should on technique or theory/scaley stuff usually i spend a good 80% of the time playing chilis songs or something to sing along to or just random soloing
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
^^^^^sounds like me man.. And sometimes I go through these long phases of intense writing, recording, working on technique, just playing around, or not playing very much at all..... Aside from those very rare periods that I don't play much though, I try to at least get in an hours worth of jaming every day... With CD's, or learning songs etc...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I have no sense of time whatsoever so gauging how long I play is hard to determine. I could just be trying to learn something and it would be hours before I finish... or I could be playing for what seems like hours to me and only fifteen minutes has passed.

No sleep for the past few years has really ****ed with my internal clock.

Also, I think about guitar all the time if that counts for anything.
I play 1-2 hours per day on workdays. Anywhere from 2-5 hours a day on days off. Now and then I go through periods of feeling like a crappy player, where I play maybe a total of 2 hrs a week.

I've been playing for 11 months. Until 2 months ago, I was acoustic only. Still only play electric about 50% of the time.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

On weekdays at least an hour on an electric and probably about another 30 mins on an acoustic which I leave in various places around the house. If I'm working and I want a break, I play acoustic.

On weekends, anything from 3 hours to 6 overall.
3 hours average on weekdays, not much friday and saturday, but sunday all afternoon and evening 'cause we rehearse
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Really depends on how I'm feeling, sometimes I might only play a couple of songs and then not play anymore, some days I might spend a while improvising whilst doing something else, other days I might play whole sets and spend ages practicing techique and soloing.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I hav been playin for like 7-8 years now and i hav been playing everyday for 2 hrs i love it my music is the onlt thing n my gf that keeps me gopin in this life.
Quote by monkeymandude
I hav been playin for like 7-8 years now and i hav been playing everyday for 2 hrs i love it my music is the onlt thing n my gf that keeps me gopin in this life.

I find it hard to gope sometimes too.
i play like 3-4 hrs a day if i could i would play all the dam time i play bass and love it my guitar is the only thing that keeps me sane kos my perants always have a go to at
Quote by RockDJ
I find it hard to gope sometimes too.

i hav a lot in my life that has gone wrong i was almost to the point where i could not take it no more and my gf n my guitar kept me living
Unless I'm not in the house, Around 6 hours of playing.
That's everyday, But on some days around 8/9 hours of playing.
And that's being going on non-stop for around 9 months.
I usually play around 1-2 hours while just practicing songs, scales and technique. Weekends I tend to play around 3 hours taking breaks.
I play a few hours per day, weekends at most 5 hours.

Most of the time I try to play new stuff.
I pretty much play guitar every chance I get and even when I don't have the chance to play guitar, I look for a way to get to a guitar as quick as possible and play. Can be a problem at work but ya know...reality sucks, much rather get lost in my sounds.
i play at least an hour a day non-stop, on weekends i play a bit more. i usually play electric during the day and some acustic in the evening cus i don't want to wake the neighboors ahah
Uhhh, bout 5 min.... A month

I'm a noob
I wouldnt touch you... even with a 20 ft pole

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke
I just realized I probably should play more..
Been busy lately, half an hour to one hour a day should be about how much quality time I spend with my guitar.
im a noob so i play about 30 mins then i get frustrated because i cant play nothing good
Quote by firebreath07
to look more manly... who doesn't look manly with a small guitar?
Quote by maskedpantsman
I pretty much play guitar every chance I get and even when I don't have the chance to play guitar, I look for a way to get to a guitar as quick as possible and play. Can be a problem at work but ya know...reality sucks, much rather get lost in my sounds.

I dig that man.. I'm self employed and work from home, so I'm able to get away and fire up the gear for a little bit when I'm not too busy.....

Was worse when I was in my last band though.... music consumed me and work really suffered from the writing process lol
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Play at least every other day for about an hour total. I usually just play along with songs, or just jam some riffs I make up.

I've played for about 4 years.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Fifteen minutes a day.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Playing for 1 1/2 years. 2 hours a day.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I play when I can, and don't really stop until I'm really bored (so 2-3 hours).

Played for around a year and a quarter.
Page 1 of 2