Page 1 of 2
Ive noticed that sometimes you drop a pick on a relatively clean floor, and when you look down its not where you dropped it, and it disappears, usually never to be found again. There must be about 30 picks in my room but i honestly can't find them. wtf?
Other people i know comment on this happening, so i was wondering if UG feels the same?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Pick Gnomes.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Everyone knows that the pick gnomes come and steal them in the night.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Man this happens to me all the time! I get really annoyed because I think 'where the hell could it have possibly gone? All it did was fall straight down and I'm looking and it's not there.'
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
i'm a definite believer in pick gnomes, i've never taken a pick out of my room but i must be on my 4th box and i only have 3 left =[
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap

Put this in your sig if you realise this is because rock has become stale and unoriginal, while hip hop is continually evolving and truer to it's roots
this happens to me too
but if i buy a new set of about 20 i find the left ones again -.-
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Quote by tremaine2007
Man this happens to me all the time! I get really annoyed because I think 'where the hell could it have possibly gone? All it did was fall straight down and I'm looking and it's not there.'

exactly couldn't have put it better! I look under furniture etc, but half the time they completely disappear.

F_cking gnomes

EDIT: off topic but tremaine2007 where did u get ur WH-10? I thought they stopped making them? Fru uses those right?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Agh, i hate when this happens! especially with gray ones, i lost so many it was ridicilous, now i've changed to red ones :P
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
they usually bounce really far. one time i found my pick about 15ft away from where i "dropped it".
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by druz15_UG
exactly couldn't have put it better! I look under furniture etc, but half the time they completely disappear.

F_cking gnomes

EDIT: off topic but tremaine2007 where did u get ur WH-10? I thought they stopped making them? Fru uses those right?

Lol yeh Fru uses them and I got very very lucky on ebay and got a good price.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Pick Gnomes.

I once planned a coupe against these Pick Gnomes with another UGer but it never happened.....I honestly can't come up with any other explanation for picks disapering the wayt they do. I bought pick holders and they would still disapear, I bought picks in bulk and had none left in a matter of days. I honestly think I could buy a knew guitar had I not spent all that money on picks. I finally just grew my nails out, sometimes I fear I'll wake up and they'll be gone too. I don't know if any of this makes sence, I'm really tired...**** I've got band practice tomorrow, I wish I could sleep in.......
Quote by tremaine2007
Lol yeh Fru uses them and I got very very lucky on ebay and got a good price.

CURSES
okay, AFTER i get a Gretsch White Falcon (end of this year fingers crossed), and a Fender Twin reverb (sometime in the near future, maybe next year) i'll get one. I have a great wah with my GT8, but ive heard marvelous things about the WH-10, and that was BEFORE i found out John used them
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

yeeeh they jump amazing distances i simply bought 20 picks to make sure i wont run out in a while then they all turn up get Colourers that stand out on anything yellow green red so on i think every guitarist and bassist has this problem maybe put them on a string and tie it to your hand lol
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
the pick gnomes
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I still have all the picks I've bought. That's only 4 tho, but still.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I stopped buying picks which perfectly blend in with my floor. Now I haven't lost a pick in months.
Quote by Ichimaru
Everyone knows that the pick gnomes come and steal them in the night.

so true u could try it with a vacuumcleaner mb u can imagine how the pick sounds being sucked into it if u figured that out u could search for it in the dustbag or whatever it is called
Check your drier. Seriously, all mine seem to end up in my driers lent filter, even if they aren't in my pocket.
Quote by CJRocker
Check your drier. Seriously, all mine seem to end up in my driers lent filter, even if they aren't in my pocket.

+100000000000000000000000

Whenever i need picks i go do laundry. I find a bunch in the dryer/washing machine and in my pockets.
When I went away to tour Eastern Europe my mum commented that she was finding less picks in the wash.

Normally I find that when I drop a pick that it ends up either really far away or is in a fold of my clothing

I just go on eBay and buy bags of 100 for less than £10
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
What I do is put the thin end of the pick in between the sixth and fifth strings, then get the thin end above the fourth string, so the fifth is holding it in place. Works like a charm.
Careful with picks in public places. I go by the guitarist's universal pick law: If you drop a pick and can't find it, it now belongs to the first person who finds it. In addition, if you see a pick on the ground, it automatically belongs to you.
rig:
Saga TC-10 DIY Tele knockoff
Boss OC2
Danelectro D1
Line 6 Spider III 30 w/ FBV Express
i remeber one of the little wings on the Drier broke off couple days ago I found literally 30 pics It was like what the heck where how did they get in there.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by CJRocker

I find my smokes in the drier alot but almost never picks...
grr!! I hate it when that happens to me too. I always end up finding it a day later or just in a couple of hours
Pick holders are probably worth it for playing in your own house.
I've lost 3 picks to the vacuüm cleaner before I got one, I've never lost a pick since.

Just place it back in the holder when you're done.
They're also useful for when you have a gig and don't want to take your picks in a plastic bag.
Quote by druz15_UG
Ive noticed that sometimes you drop a pick on a relatively clean floor, and when you look down its not where you dropped it, and it disappears, usually never to be found again. There must be about 30 picks in my room but i honestly can't find them. wtf?
Other people i know comment on this happening, so i was wondering if UG feels the same?

This always happens to me. It's like it drops right at your feet and you can't find it. WTF!!?

Then again, I've dropped CD's on the ground that just so happened to roll across the room under the furniture.

And now I have a basket of 200 picks ... and those are slowly dissappearing as well.

Edit ^^ Oh true that .. this one was from '08
Last edited by MetalHead916 at Aug 3, 2009,
Just lost my only pick there now and there are no shops in my town that sell pick. It may take a week for me to get a new pick, how will i survive?
Pick Gnomes!
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by CJRocker

+1

Many of mine end up in the dryer or on top the dryer.. Also I have found them in the kitchen, car, garage, wallet, bathroom, friends house and so on.. Pretty much any place you can think of there has been a pick found there..

But then I have a buddy of mine that has been using the same pick for 5 years now and he gigs with it regularly. Its still in good shape even.. Its the mystery pick..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Aug 3, 2009,
lol necroposting.

I bought about 20 Dunlop Jazz III picks, and I am down to one, and I lose that one for days at a time. It's the pick gnomes I tell ya.

not my disorganization and incompetance
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
I think I still have all my picks from the pack of Jazz IIIs I last bought. Tip: buy the red ones. They're easier to spot.
The local pawn shop has realized that if they give me free picks I'll come in once a week, and likely buy something...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I have a tendency to set things down and forget where I set them down. xD

So that's where half of them went. lol.

You have to be VERY meticulous with where you put them otherwise you WILL lose a ton. haha.
its the gremlins

just make sure you dont feed them after midnight, espcially the ones with mohawks. Because we all know what happens when you feed gremlins after midnight:

EDIT: I just searched pick gnomes and I found these guys
(Invalid img)
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at Aug 3, 2009,
Old thread is old. Either way...

I bought 48 picks last time... lost all but the two I have left in like 4 months. I have no idea where the hell they go, I only play in two rooms and the floor should be COVERED in them with that many missing
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 3, 2009,
Page 1 of 2