so i know that locking nuts lock the strings in place at the nut so you're guitar doesn't go out of tune when using you're floyd rose, but what about locking tuners? do they do the same thing as locking nuts? if so which is more efficient at keeping a guitar in tune?
thanks in advance to anyone with a quick answer
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
bump
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Yeah, they lock the strings so they don't go out of tune so easily. If I'm not wrong, locking tuners are meant mainly for guitars without locking trems, and locking nuts are only used on guitars with locking trems.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
A locking tuner will lock the string at the tuner where as the locking nut will lock the string at the nut, pretty self explanatory.

The locking nut is more effective at keeping a string in tune (Especially when paired with a locking bridge) but the down side of that is you have to un-lock the nut to re tune it. Locking tuners do a good job of keeping a string in tune and allows you to tune the guitar at whim. Downside is that its not as good as a locking nut.

Generally, if your guitar as a hard tail bridge then you are better off with locking tuners. A locking nut and a hard tail bridge wont have fine tuners so it will be difficult to keep in tune (Remember a string goes sharp when you lock the nut).
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
cool thanks for the info
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by wongacaster
I have heard locking tuners and a graphite nut(or some other good nut or some shizz) is just as good as a locking nut.

Chris brodericks ibanez has no locking nut and a floyd.

It's not. With a locking nut, you go Steinberger your guitar and it would be in tune provided the nut was installed right. The strings can still hop out of a graphite nut's channels and then pop back in, leading to tuning issues. It also is not as resistant to the guitar being knocked around and neck bends.