a few notes on the project:

1- the neck is a bolt on neck from a lower end les paul, but i like the way it feels.
2- i sanded the neck to where it is slightly thinner, im not worried about it because i use 10-46 strings and i play in drop c.
3- i reshaped the end of the headstock to something i like abit more. kinda a mixture of prs, les paul, and danelectro style shape.
4- the cutaways on the body are gonna be huge, because i have very large hands, the cutaways resemble the cut on the rusty cooley sig guitar.
5- the body shape is gonna be a mixture of the esp/ltd strat style, but with a slant similar to the esp "viper" shape guitars.
6- i play with the guitar very high up, but not to my chin or anything. the odd body shape is so i can still have the style of the strat shape body, but still have it comfortable.
7- electronics will be a single humbucker at the bridge, and a single volume knob.
8- i will use a strat style jack plate, on the back end of the guitar, slightly below the strap button.
9- i will use all black hardware
10- the body of the guitar will be built out of alder, with a maple top. (was gonna use sapele, but with the size of the body, it would be very heavy)
11- the physical size of the guitar is gonna be very large. (im a big dude, and i hate feeling like im gonna break my tiny little strat)
12- i will leave it raw, and do a tung oil finish.
13- will use a les paul type bridge, but without the rear stop bar. i will do "string through" instead.

pics of the alder body slab, and the walnut / maple top roughly cut to shape.

Last edited by sizzlefizzle at Mar 5, 2008,
the progress from the 2nd day of the project. top planed down, and glued to the alder slab. shape finished. just need to hand sand around the sides, roll the edges, rout the neck pocket deeper, rout out for the humbucker, drill for the bridge posts and volume know, and get hardware.

Last edited by sizzlefizzle at Mar 5, 2008,
updates- progress as of 3/12/08

body routing!

pickup routed, neck routed and attached.

Last edited by sizzlefizzle at Mar 12, 2008,
looks pretty nice!!!
gonna follow that!
but you really use 10-46 strings for drop c?!
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
It actually handles it pretty well, although I'd advise you a bit thicker string on the 6th, like a 49 or 50.

Otherwise, good luck, it looks like a nice build
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
got the alder slab and maple/walnut top put ogether today, and finished shaping the body. all i need to do is rout the neck pocket a little deeper, rout out for the humbucker, and add hardware.
Quote by -MintSauce-
10-52 for drop-C.

Also, host your pics on Photobucket. Free accounts and shiz.

i have photobucket, but for some reason, my internet is acting up. i cant upload anything anywhere, but i can email stuff fine. ive tried multiple browsers, different dsl modems, and all kind of stuff.

got tons of great pics if anyone is willing to upload them for me. i can email them to ya'
Quote by XibanezedgeX
I'll do it for you! My e-mail is my screenname @aol.com.
Looks great so far, I love the walnut stripe.

you have pm
i spy a builabear, a toy car, and lotr
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
i spy a builabear, a toy car, and lotr

yeah, my son has a build-a-bear, he likes lord, and he loves the grave digger monster truck.
Nice,

I really like the way this is going. You appear to have the skill to be able to build a neck. You should give it a shot.
looks pretty sweet, bit too much space at the bottom of the guitar for my liking tho ;p

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
are you carving the top ?

it looks really nice as it is though, i just think a carve will send it in a better direction.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by carousel182
Nice,

I really like the way this is going. You appear to have the skill to be able to build a neck. You should give it a shot.

lol

Take a look at the second sentence in the OP.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by admbwr
are you carving the top ?

it looks really nice as it is though, i just think a carve will send it in a better direction.

no, im not carving it. i dont like carved guitars.
Quote by Kanthras
lol

Take a look at the second sentence in the OP.

He didn't build a neck, he modded one from a LP copy.