I'm thinking of getting this guitar to play stuff like metal and rock. I've read quite a bit about it and it seems quite nice. I'll probably be going down to the guitar shop this weekend to check it out.

Anyone have any experience with using this guitar? Do you like it? How's the ZR trem on it?

Thanks for your help.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
great guitar.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Yeah they are quite awesome, however if you could stretch your money to get a prestige i would advise it, build quality is that bit better and you will get a hardcase and a very very nice guitar.

As for the trem, my friend has the prestige version, i think they have the same trem.. im pretty sure. Anyway the trem on it is awesome, very well built. It's quite heavy yeah definitely one of ibanez best tremolos
The s470 is a Great guitar. the pickups are a little weak for some things, but Otherwise it is a great instrument. Very Light, and the Trem is Fantastic. The only problem you may have is the neck might be to thin, or the 22 Frets are limiting. Id not advise going Prestige either. i personally dont think its worth the money, the regular ones are great build quality and imo your only paying for a different Finish.

As well, if your used to OFR and Edge trems then the ZR might feel a little akward at first.
Quote by Zanon
Yeah they are quite awesome, however if you could stretch your money to get a prestige i would advise it, build quality is that bit better and you will get a hardcase and a very very nice guitar.

As for the trem, my friend has the prestige version, i think they have the same trem.. im pretty sure. Anyway the trem on it is awesome, very well built. It's quite heavy yeah definitely one of ibanez best tremolos

the prestiege S-series are still made in korea unlike the RG prestieges, the only difference between the prestiege and the normal moel is $150 worth of pickups and a nicer finish ( although your after the quilted maple version anyways) and teh neck is made form different woods. and that cost you double? the price.

in all the s-series's are great, the prestiges over-priced
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest