is the best for D standard tuning. i dont want a really heavy ones, cause im playing lead. easy to bend, but i dont want it to be too light to cause a string buzz..
so which gauge?
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
don't think that the string gauge have influence on stringbuzz

edit: but I think that 0.010 is a good gauge. not to heavy, not to light
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I'm with Farether on this. I use .10 gauge strings on my main two guitars and I almost exclusively play in D standard. Never had a problem and it still allows for bending and a pretty easy vibrato.
well try 49-10, if u want something heavier, (which i prefer) .52-.11
so are your playing primarily focused on rhythm or lead, or both??

Since you mention drop d i would assume rhythm, then use strings bigger than 0.10, especially if you have single coils, just to get fatter tone

CMIIW
If you're playing lead and not rhythm, you wouldn't have to tune down. You could just play in D while your rhythm guy plays in E (down a step to D) and learn your tuning and strings alone. You wouldn't use the low notes on the low E string during a solo, so I don't see the point of downtuning.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
If you're playing lead and not rhythm, you wouldn't have to tune down. You could just play in D while your rhythm guy plays in E (down a step to D) and learn your tuning and strings alone. You wouldn't use the low notes on the low E string during a solo, so I don't see the point of downtuning.

Maybe he plays along with the rhythm guitarist when he's not soloing rather than soloing through the whole song, constantly? I can't see it being a casual lead song if they're tuning to D standard.

I could be wrong though, but yeah, I say .10 for a good general gauge.