I have both and i swaying more to playing my bass. I just want to know bout you what would like to play and why. ??
Oboe?
Clarinet?
Tuba?
trumpet?

Define this norm.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
You know what forum you're in, right? Are you lost?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
i hate bass!!!
bass os boring

but seriusly you know this is a bass forum do you?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
why the **** is everone on hear taking the piss off me ??? aint my life not ****ed up enough without you lot ****in taking the piss
If it's not due to the fact that we get these threads every day, then it's the screaming obviousness that you're a guitarist in the bass forum. This ain't the Pit. This ain't the Guitar forum. Act accordingly.

To actually contribute to the thread, I play bass because I prefer it to the guitar. It sounds better imo, I like the lower frequencies, and guitarists always take the piss out of bassists, so I'd like to support my bassy brethren.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by monkeymandude
why the **** is everone on hear taking the piss off me ??? aint my life not ****ed up enough without you lot ****in taking the piss

Face it. People on here are harsh. If you can't deal with that, you shouldn't be on here.

Also, I prefer guitar.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
You are in a bass forum, and ask if people prefer bass or guitar.

Asside from the few who are very good at both and frequent the bass forum as weel as the guitar ones, you realise you will get a massively one sided response in here?

I don't know, asking if people like bass in a bass forum just seems like a very bad way to get balenced opinions.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I love the use of the word "norm" and then comparing bass to it. Not only are you going to get unbalanced opinions here, you are going to get rather irritated and antagonistic opinions to boot. So, if you are going to play your bass more, does that make you a deviant (hmmm)?

Enough. I play both and its like asking me to compare apples to oranges. Yes, I play bass more because its my focus instrument, but I still grab the acoustic guitar if I'm singing at home or working out chord progressions by ear. And I still enjoy playing guitar, but it fits a completely different space for me that bass can't and visa versa.

(And then I got this money for my birthday and there's some really nice mandolins I've been looking at as well...)