I was looking at Wikipedia on Mesa, and one of the paragraph is of follow:
In 1969, Smith, as a joke, modified Barry Melton's (Country Joe and the Fish) Fender Princeton amplifier. He removed the standard 10 inch speaker and modified the chassis to fit the larger transformers that were needed by the 4-10 tweed Bassman, the circuit that he had added into the tiny 12 watt Princeton. Finally, Mounting a 12 inch JBL D-120, a popular speaker of the time, Smith had created what would be the first Boogie.

Even though Randall Smith is good (duh, making Mesa), I am curious as to how could a 12" speaker goes into a 10" cab... does modifying the chassis have anything to do with it?
Quote by Jestersage

Even though Randall Smith is good (duh, making Mesa), I am curious as to how could a 12" speaker goes into a 10" cab... does modifying the chassis have anything to do with it?

AH! Ive already looked into this as I was intending on doing it & it is actually quite simple, I know (Thanks to replacing a blown speaker) that the standard cab (eg 110,115 ect) consists of 2wires (+&-) an input jack & output jack, so all that is required to fit a 12" in a 10" cab is to widen the speaker hole in the front of the amp (using a jiggsaw, router ect...) & rewire the new speaker simple!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I'll will fit, but not exactly in the middle of the baffle. Most amps are big enough to accommodate one jump up in speaker size.