pretty self explanitory (if that's how it's spelt) i sang for my band yesterday n now my throat hurts any tips please? cheers
DONT SING!! granted that I have a restraining order on me saying I must stay at least 12ft away from all microphones!!!!!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
DONT SING!! granted that I have a restraining order on me saying I must stay at least 12ft away from all microphones!!!!!!!

hahahahahahaha

i'm the singer for my band though lol
Warm ups. Try the ones from the first Zen of Screaming dvd even if you don't scream. I don't do any screaming with my band but they help alot I don't go home feeling like I've been swallowing sand paper.

The benefit is definately worth 10 mintutes of making ridiculous noises in front of your laughing band mates

Also, if you have a sore throat your best bet is warm water and not talking.
Last edited by rizo299 at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by red_hot_chili18
pretty self explanitory (if that's how it's spelt) i sang for my band yesterday n now my throat hurts any tips please? cheers

hey dude, first of all u'r voice if its any good then good, if its not u shouldnt be singing to anyone. here is an advice for if its any good- before you sing drink tea with honey and after singing drink tea with lemon, or vice verse i dont actually remember which you should drink first. adios!
Quote by rizo299
Warm ups. Try the ones from the first Zen of Screaming dvd even if you don't scream. I don't do any screaming with my band but they help alot I don't go home feeling like I've been swallowing sand paper.

The benefit is definately worth 10 mintutes of making ridiculous noises in front of your laughing band mates

Also, if you have a sore throat your best bet is warm water and not talking.

thanks!

your profile scares me btw =/
Dont

haha, kidding
I wouldnt touch you... even with a 20 ft pole

:stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke
If its your throat that hurts and affects your singing. You're doing it wrong. Water, rest.

If you can't sing. Vocal coach/singing lessons.
HI GUYS!
usually just mixing water, honey and lemon juice will help a ton. but the best thing is to find a way to like your singing without hurting yourself. use more head-voice than chest voice for one. working on resonence helps too, because that will help you sound louder while using less air, thus reducing strain on your voice.
Open your mouth
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
A friend recommended this guy's stuff to me:

http://www.voicelesson.com/home.htm

The guy has been a singing coach for quite a few pro singers - his book has got lots of warm ups, exercises and and general tips on taking care of your throat for that might help you.
sing something way back in your throat, sing way forward in your nose.

notice the tone change, find a tone that you like. it should be more forward than back.

instead of singing with notes when playing a scale on your guitar...harmonize with the note you are playing.

hold that note and the scale note for a good while thinking 1 2 3 4 in your head. then go to the next note in the scale, and keep harmonizing with it.

do this for 1 octave, then go down from there and start the octave from a lower note.

once you've gone pretty low, start making your way up.

try to keep the same tone the whole time.

to make this harder, you can concentrate on different things. instead of singing "ahhh" sing "ooo" "iiiiiii" or "eeee"

or you can concentrate on attacks and releases. so sustain the notes but give them rests in between.

then you can think about phrasing. being loud, being soft, transitioning from soft to loud, transitioning from loud to soft...etc.

that's pretty much everything you'll ever need for vocal practice besides applying what you've learned into songs.